Topic: [Sight & Sound] Ocean Treasures

Directory Link

[Sight & Sound] Ocean Treasures

YouTube Link

SCUBA diver Jack takes on an adventure in hopes of living up to his fathers dreams.

Re: [Sight & Sound] Ocean Treasures

I absolutely love this film! You did an incredible job! I have no doubt you'll be one of the winners.

Working on my animation-centered YouTube channel...

It's a quality production. Amazed by the scenery in this one mini/eek

This is possibly my favorite entry of the contest. You managed to tell a simple, yet visually stunning and well told story. The music definitely  complements the beauty of the film. If I have to nitpick, I'd say that I don't think the CG worked in your favour. However, I can understand why you used CG, as some of the sets are so huge, I doubt many of us would have enough bricks to build them.

Spoiler (click to read)

I also found it strange how his oxygen supply went down so quickly. I guess it was made by Android mini/lol

In all seriousness, though, those are such minor nitpicks, and didn't spoiler my enjoyment of your film. It still deserves a 5/5!

Thanks William!

William Osborne wrote:

If I have to nitpick, I'd say that I don't think the CG worked in your favor. However, I can understand why you used CG, as some of the sets are so huge, I doubt many of us would have enough bricks to build them.

Although I would consider it full CGI, more more using 2D images in a 3D space. I plan on making a vfx breakdown which should show how I did it.

Spoiler (click to read)

Also the leakage of oxygen supply was cause when he dived into that small cave and landed on his back:)

Though some things were more seamless than others, I don't think I appreciated how complicated some of the shots in this are until I saw the VFX breakdown. I'd say that's a good sign, as it means the elements blended well. I was particularly impressed by the extension and 3D space work on the shot at 3:08, and the integration of the complicated original shot for the first underwater shot. The soundtrack fit nicely, too. Congratulations on making the top 10.