Re: THAC XIV - Coming in January 2017!

Oh so exciting I hope I get the book like the brickflix book I won a few years ago.

Come at me thac I'm ready

Last edited by brickorbrack (December 5, 2016 (10:17pm))

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

Unfortunately, with that date and my general situation right now, it's extremely unlikely that I'll be able to participate, but I'm still hyped.  It's always amazing what people are capable of making in under 24 hours.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I'm going to pass this year because I want to keep my focus on Welcome to Darkmoor, which I've been slowly animating for two and half years but still have yet to complete.  Even if the contest is only 24 hours, is takes a while to move the Darkmoor set out of the way and put it back because it's so big, plus I usually get a little bit burned out from making a THAC film.  But I hope to tune in most of the day for support, and perhaps voice acting if it can be managed.

Chris W. wrote:

I haven't released a proper brickfilm in almost two and a half years. I've gotten new upgraded equipment, and finally a stable setup.

I'm ready, baby.

Great! I'd love to see another film for you.

Awesome cant wait!!!

Squid wrote:

I'm going to pass this year because I want to keep my focus on Welcome to Darkmoor, which I've been slowly animating for two and half years but still have yet to complete..

Really looking forward to this

Our hands were a little tied on calendar dates for THAC this year. Jan 7/8 is later in the month than I'd like, but we wanted to avoid direct overlap with New Year's and Christmas which was unavoidable earlier unless we went before Christmas, something we also try to avoid.

On a sidenote that looks to have been left out of the announcement post, the book prizes will be signed copies! I wrote more about the book a few weeks ago, I encourage y'all to check it out as David & David have put a lot of work into creating something very worthwhile.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Well, I just marked this on my calendar.
January 8th is a bit late, and means I'll have to get creative as I'm supposed to be in the dorms then (to be ready for all the school registration the next week) but there's always a way to participate in THAC, and I will find it.

I haven't done much of anything with animation or even this site over the past year, so I'll be rusty. Oh well.
The books look great, and will make a great prize for whoever wins this thing!
Thanks fellas for putting this together again. Can't wait.

YES! So excited to see all the great films this year! If anyone needs voice acting during THAC just let me know on the PM!

Last edited by Large Mouth Productions (December 8, 2016 (03:55pm))

I hope to enter this. I'm pretty sure I'm available on the 7th and 8th, so should be okay. I'll try my best to make something enjoyable, but just don't expect it to be my best work. I spent just 5 hours this year, as it officially started here at 12 noon in GMT, and I usually like to finish any animating after dinner. I did get a little stressed and got mad last time, so hopefully that doesn't happen this time. So, hopefully I can participate - I've found it hard to be motivated to animate recently!

Yes! It's this time of year again! Looks like I'm free those days, so it's probably time to dust off the bricks and get back to work. Didn't do all that much stuff this year, so I'm hoping Thac will be my wake-up call.

YouTube | Twitter | Brick à Brack | Discord @ Undershadow#9982
   -- If a frame were worth a dollar, I'd be a millionaire by now --

Squid wrote:

I'm going to pass this year because I want to keep my focus on Welcome to Darkmoor, which I've been slowly animating for two and half years but still have yet to complete.

I am looking forward to seeing this completed as soon as possible, but is one day really that big an issue? It seems like the perfect way to get something else released without getting sidetracked from a big project. Speaking from experience, last THAC I made a Benny n' Lee unrelated to the one I was working on for over a year at that point. I was happy to keep the series active in the hopes that a couple more people might recognise it when I release the big one.

Very nice.
I'd like to at least finish this year if I enter.
The problem with my attempts is that they always seem to be quite long story wise (3+ minutes)
This year I'll try to make something in between the 1-2 minute range, obviously depending on the theme of course.

Guys be confident, we are going to beat rioforce. Lets do this.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

We can't! NO ONE CAN!

Seriously though, I think I'm only going to have like eight hours to animate that day. I guess I'll just have to push myself to be really efficient.

Harborlight wrote:

Don't you see?  Rioforce has bribed the judges far in advance and is in cahoots with Smeagol and Nathan.  The system has been rigged from the start and we've been played like a fiddle.  We need to rebel against the corrupt BiM Administration!  Make Brickfilms great again!

Or I guess you could all just make entries that are better than Rio's and win that way...

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I couldn't make it on time last year, we will see how it goes this one;)

sillypenta wrote:
Squid wrote:

I'm going to pass this year because I want to keep my focus on Welcome to Darkmoor, which I've been slowly animating for two and half years but still have yet to complete.

I am looking forward to seeing this completed as soon as possible, but is one day really that big an issue? It seems like the perfect way to get something else released without getting sidetracked from a big project. Speaking from experience, last THAC I made a Benny n' Lee unrelated to the one I was working on for over a year at that point. I was happy to keep the series active in the hopes that a couple more people might recognise it when I release the big one.

I would love to see more benny and lee from you in the future, also more FAKE CHEESE!!!

Mr Vertigo wrote:
Harborlight wrote:

Don't you see?  Rioforce has bribed the judges far in advance and is in cahoots with Smeagol and Nathan.  The system has been rigged from the start and we've been played like a fiddle.  We need to rebel against the corrupt BiM Administration!  Make Brickfilms great again!

Or I guess you could all just make entries that are better than Rio's and win that way...

I think it all depends on who offers the best bribe.

William Osborne wrote:
Mr Vertigo wrote:
Harborlight wrote:

I think it all depends on who offers the best bribe.

Yeah I agree, it's impossible to beat Rioforce... impossible..."just like inception"...

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5VbypeWaFQ)

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by RemnantMedia (December 9, 2016 (11:27am))

Might enter...:cool: mini/cat

(lol lets beat rioforce!) JK

Making Motion  Youtube