Topic: Dragonframe Masking Etc

I have been testing the trial version for a long time now and for tests to mask objects and remove certain things such as clay/tack, I have taken a clear backing picture so I can erase them in post. However, I have been taking this image in the dragonframe project in the same timeline and set of images as my actual animation. I wondered, is there a feature in dragonframe or a better way to take these clear background shots for masking/editing later instead of just shooting them in between my other frames in dragonframe as part of the animation? Thanks

YouTube Channel - Please Subscribe to Help me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9br8o … UGih5jf8zA

Re: Dragonframe Masking Etc

Shooting the background images in a separate take might work; it's what I've done.

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

Re: Dragonframe Masking Etc

You can take multiple exposures of every frame, I have done shots where I shoot one exposure with the object and the flying rig and then remove the object for the second exposure, it will put them in different folders. You just need to make sure to turn off automatic second exposure frame capture otherwise when you capture the frame it will take both pictures without the option to remove the objects from the frame.

This will of coarse require you to remove and replace whatever you are animating every shot which can be a pain, so if the shot is static and does not have camera moves it might still be easier to take black frames and the beginning or end.