Topic: Windows Movie Maker black screen?

Hello. Recently, I have been working on some editing for one of my animations, but I am having an issue with windows movie maker. I film my animations by shots now, so this particular animation had thirty shots. I put all of them together in windows movie maker and watched the playback that was available. It looked like the way I needed it to look. But after I exported my film, when I watched the playback, at the end of every shot I filmed in the video there was a black screen for a tenth of a second. I have exported in many different options, but it still has the same result. I have been thinking, and I might need to get an upgrade in editing, so I might just stop using windows movie maker. Any solutions to the black screen? The solution could be standing in my face right now I just haven't realized it. Thanks.

Re: Windows Movie Maker black screen?

I am editing with windows movie maker too. I am not a pro, but the same problem has happened to me too. in my situation, the black screen appears only in the program itself, if you know what i mean. when i look at the exported project, the black screen is gone. hope this is helpful mini/smile

I have heard of that glitch, but mine is almost the opposite. Mine, at the end of each shot there is an awkward tenth of a second of black. I really want my new videos to be much better than before, and I can't put up with this. I might just get a new software.

Oh well. mini/blankexpression

Yeah...........Thanks for the help though. mini/smile

Should I uninstall windows movie maker and reinstall it? mini/confused

Is windows movie maker adjusting frame rates? Going from 15 to 24 causes problems in any program. Can you see the black frames if you go back and forth in the editor timeline?

The problem only exists with my exported files. If I watch it through the timeline, the transition is smooth, exactly how I want it. But when I export it, I end up with this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2r4RD … sp=sharing
Notice after the pig hops and the screen changes to steve walking, there is a tenth of a second of black. This gets especially annoying when my shots are really short.
Thanks guys so much for trying to help! I really appreciate it.

It's certainly worth trying reinstalling it if you haven't already mini/smile

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

I have the windows movie maker as a default program on my computer. Where do I reinstall it?