Re: The Animation Challenge

Why wouldn't it be qualifying? Sorry I'm still new but its speed building and the animation is good... so? It its the reveiw part I can skip over that and just use the animation when I judge.

Update: I give up. My technical difficulties are to much to fix in time. I'll try again next week. It's to bad, I had such a great idea.

My YouTube Channel <- Do Subscribe!
I'd like to think I'll finish a project one of these days...

What problems are you suffering from?
I don't use your program, but I may be able to help. mini/smile

I have been working on it for months. so, it doesnt I assume.

oh so I missed it mini/blankexpression  oh well better luck next time. I'll probably finish my animation anyway and post it here for fun

MiniElf wrote:

Why wouldn't it be qualifying? Sorry I'm still new but its speed building and the animation is good... so? It its the reveiw part I can skip over that and just use the animation when I judge.

Cooked Cat's entry I believe does not qualify because it was not made within the time. It was made before the challenge. Am I correct? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Raptor Studios wrote:
MiniElf wrote:

Cooked Cat's entry I believe does not qualify because it was not made within the time. It was made before the challenge. Am I correct? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Usually, if it was made before time, it still qualifies as long as it wasn't released until the animation challenge. If this is the case, then technically, Cooked Cat's vid was posted on the 12th and the challenge was made on the 9th. The topic post does mention that "you have 5 days to make an entry" which would imply that it should be completely made within the time. But it's up to the current host to decide whether or not it qualifies since there is no official rule on this.

Also, just a couple of notes for yall: Please try to follow the topic post's rules on how long the challenges should run. We don't want one challenge to last too long. And, please also try to not post on this topic if it's not related to the current challenge's discussion. We need to keep this thread relatively clean. Thanks!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Okay. Thanks for clarifying!

Okay sorry rio force and everyone else so cooked cats entry does not count the contest ends today and i need to read the rule book...

The winner will be announced on the 22nd?

No I'm going to anounce the winner tommorow instead to stick with the rules sorry everyone I stink at this. mini/sad
I will do better next time if there is a next time

Last edited by MiniElf (March 20, 2017 (02:25pm))

Brick Blockus wrote:

I'm trying to make my entry but I am encountering extreme technical difficulties. I may not make it. Is anyone using the ios app called stop motion? Any troubleshooting help would be appreciated.

Do you mean stop motion studio or istopmotion? I have used both, and used stop motion studio a lot so any problems I can most likely help you with. mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

It doesn't matter anymore. I was using stop motion studio. The remote camera kept crashing ruining my white balance, focus and exposure.

My YouTube Channel <- Do Subscribe!
I'd like to think I'll finish a project one of these days...

mini/blankexpression  I am going to wait til next time because Sony Vegas was leaving out parts of certain clips. There was one part where there was a girl pushing a button, but it wouldn't show. I will wait til next time. I might still upload the video to youtube.:| mini/blankexpression

The speed build idea was amazing though

Mod edit: Please use the edit button when you need to add to your post instead of double posting. Thanks!

Last edited by rioforce (March 21, 2017 (01:11pm))

Thank Raptor! All your guys entres are AWESOME sorry still that I messed it up so bad i will do better if I get another chance

MiniElf wrote:

Thank Raptor! All your guys entres are AWESOME sorry still that I messed it up so bad i will do better if I get another chance

Don't worry. I am sure you will get the hang of it!

Here is the final results. It was a very close race... the winner is Raptor Studios. As I said it was extremely close.

Raptor I picked yours cause was quick and fast paced. the animation was smooth but It was speedy if that makes any sense.
FeinsteinFilms Yours was very smooth indeed. Not to be rude but it was a tiny bit dull. I did like how you had the minifig build it. Very good job on ease in and ease out. keep up the good work!
Weasel Animations I liked how you had the portal for the wheels. Good job on ease in and ease out as well.

Smash my suggestion would be to try to keep the model in one place and to be careful about bumping the camera
Simple brick studios Same for the first try not to move the model

You all did amazing thank you all so much. Sorry for confusing you all and the trouble I caused. Thank you All!!!
-Mini Elf

You people made it very difficult to choose...hahaha

Mod edit: Please don't double post. Thanks!

Last edited by rioforce (March 21, 2017 (06:05pm))

Congratulations to everyone who entered!!!!!!!!! I will enter the next one.:D mini/tongue mini/wink

Thank you MiniElf!
After some thinking about it, I have decided that the next animation challenge is: Up In Smoke
Basically, this means brick built smoke. There could be an explosion with smoke, a wizard appearing in smoke, anything with brick built smoke effects. The Deadline is next week 3/28/17 Expect judging the following day.

A simple non-elaborate example: https://youtu.be/TVgRUUV0vgA?t=26

That's a great theme, I'll have to see if I can put something together.