Re: "Fooled" - A BrickVideo Studio Contest

Do you have an official date when the winner will be announced or when we'll get the email?

MiniElf wrote:

Do you have an official date when the winner will be announced or when we'll get the email?

Very soon. Results should be coming this week mini/smile

YAY!!!!!!!!! Thanks for hosting this contst by the way!

I'm looking forward to seeing the final three.

In all things, we must consider  ... the end.

FADE OUT

I am so excited for the results!

The results are in!]

Click here to view the winners

A huge thank you to everyone who helped make this contest a success. We did not expect to get this many entries, let alone this level of quality in the entries. All of you guys blew us away and we are truly impressed. Thank you!

The winners will be contacted shortly. If you didn't win, or didn't place in the top ten, you shouldn't feel bad. It was very stiff competition with many videos being only one or two points from the next ranking.

Before you comment, please read this:
To briefly explain our judging process, we had four main categories: Originality, Story, Interpretation of Theme, and Production Value (animation technique, set design, cinematography, and sound design). Each main category was weighted equally, with the production value criteria each being 25%, so when added, the total Production Value was weighted the same as the other three categories. We gave each video a 1-10 rating for each category/criteria, multiplied them by their weights (either 100% or 25%), and then added those numbers together to get the total score for a video.

We welcome any feedback you have, whether that relates to our judging process or what you did or didn't like about the contest. We want to host more of these in the near future, and it's important to us that they are fair and fun for all. Thanks!

You can contact us at [email protected] or by posting in this thread.

Oh bummer I didn't do well... Hey umm could you give me some feedback on mine daniel. It was the Wife vs proposal. Just to help me in the future! Thanks.

Great job with the contest, and loving the prompt results. While I admit I'm a lil disappointed, I honestly can't disagree with the results.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Yay, tenth place! Congrats to all the winners, and thanks for hosting this great contest, Daniel!

MiniElf wrote:

Oh bummer I didn't do well... Hey umm could you give me some feedback on mine daniel. It was the Wife vs proposal. Just to help me in the future! Thanks.

You didn't do so bad. You were just out of the top 10, if that makes you feel any better.

Here's the things you scored lowest on:
Set Design - keep in mind, this was weighted as 25% of your total Production Value score, so it didn't hurt you much.
Story - this had a bigger impact

Of all the major criteria, we felt like your story was lacking a bit when compared to the rest of the entries. It was a good short animation, but it felt a bit random and the ending sort of came out of nowhere. Other than that, we both still thoroughly enjoyed it. The voice acting made me chuckle.

I hope my feedback is of some help.

VN wrote:

Great job with the contest, and loving the prompt results. While I admit I'm a lil disappointed, I honestly can't disagree with the results.

Well, you could disagree, but then I'd have to take your prize away mini/tongue

No, seriously though, I'd love to hear any feedback about the contest, whether positive or negative. Feel free to say it in the forum or an email. We want to make these things as fair and fun as possible, so any comments are welcome.

Brickman wrote:

Yay, tenth place! Congrats to all the winners, and thanks for hosting this great contest, Daniel!

Our pleasure! Thanks for participating.

Thanks daniel That does help! Glad I could make you a luagh a little mini/smile! Well congrats to the winners!

9th place is better than nothing mini/smile.  Congratulations guys.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Well congratulations to the top 3!
I probably got like 1253th mini/XD

Thanks for hosting the contest! Congrats to everybody mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/0X6EoJh.jpg
YouTube Channel : All My Links ↑Click for newest animation!↑

Good job to the winners! And congratulations to all! Could you give me some feedback on my video, "Backfired"? Your honest comments will help me improve. I will appreciate your efforts much. Sincerely,

Last edited by raytistic (March 30, 2017 (02:09am))

5th and 6th are not so bad. I would love some feedback on my videos so I can work on improvement.
Everyone did a great job and I can't wait for the next contest!

Supermelty Productions
Voice Over Website: ianwood.site

Doh - just out of gaining some winnings!  Great contest though and congratulations to the top 3 - Thanks again Daniel for hosting the competition - I really enjoyed participating in this one:)

DNAnimation

I would love to hear some feedback on my film if you have the time mini/smile

Arginnon wrote:

Thanks for hosting the contest! Congrats to everybody mini/smile

It was our pleasure! Thanks for making such an awesome entry.

To everyone requesting feedback, I'll do my best to either send you a message or post in your thread in the releases forum (if you posted it there).

Once again, I just want to say how much Don and myself appreciate your warm and welcoming response. You guys made this a great contest, and we're already working hard to get the next one ready for you. If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to share them here. Thanks!

I have a cool idea. could you do a batman contest. I have a great idea for a film. The theme should be batman and the rules could be as follows:

Rule 1 Has to be batman

Rule 2 make a film where batman needs some backup and someone comes to his aid!

Rule 3 make a film where the villians break out of prison and steal something

Rule 4 what happens next. you decide make a cool ending with the good buys taking out the bad guys!

please consider my idea. I have wanted a batman contest for a very long time!