Re: "Fooled" - A BrickVideo Studio Contest

Sorry, but you just missed a Batman contest!

Ok how about a lord of the rings contest
please consider

Awesome4096 wrote:

please consider

We try to steer away from licensed themes (e.g. Batman, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc.), but I appreciate your suggestions and interest.

Daniel wrote:
Awesome4096 wrote:

please consider

We try to steer away from licensed themes (e.g. Batman, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc.), but I appreciate your suggestions and interest.

I think staying away from licensed themes is what caught my eye to begin with.  What about a contest which has to include a famous landmark from around the world ?  Just a thought.  mini/smile

In all things, we must consider  ... the end.

FADE OUT

That would be so cool! I love that idea! how about like you have to pick a famouse landmark wherever you want build it and make a story! That would be so cool.

Can you do that contest?

Mod edit: Please use the edit button when you want to add something you want to post instead of double posting. Thanks!

Last edited by rioforce (April 4, 2017 (04:13pm))

Mason2589 wrote:

I think staying away from licensed themes is what caught my eye to begin with.  What about a contest which has to include a famous landmark from around the world ?  Just a thought.  mini/smile

I like it! We already have our next theme picked, but I'll save your idea for future reference. Something like that could be a lot of fun. Thanks!

Daniel wrote:
Mason2589 wrote:

I like it! We already have our next theme picked, but I'll save your idea for future reference. Something like that could be a lot of fun. Thanks!

Do you have any idea on when your next contest will be?

Supermelty Productions
Voice Over Website: ianwood.site

Supermelty wrote:

Do you have any idea on when your next contest will be?

No promises, but I'm aiming for this weekend. I'm working on the promo video right now, so it just depends on when everything is ready.

On a side note, do you guys have a preference on when the next contest should end? Assume it will start in a week or two. I want to give everyone ample time to finish their entries and don't want anyone to feel rushed, especially as many are in the midst of spring semester. I was thinking May 31st, but that may be too soon. Thoughts?

That sounds like a good time.

I (Personally) think the first weekend of June would be better. Just as long as that doesn't interfere with BRAWL'17.

Awesome! I think May 31st is a great time to end the contest. That gives everyone a solid month and then some. I had no idea you were planning something so soon! Its great! I will probably enter again, this time focusing more on quality not quantity. Last time, my video was pretty long compared to the others in the contest.

Supermelty Productions
Voice Over Website: ianwood.site

I prefer the first or even the second week of June.

In all things, we must consider  ... the end.

FADE OUT

That sounds like a great time. this time I will be more creative. my video last time was to close to the promo video like you said. this time I will be more creative  and think of my own Idea. thanks!!!

Supermelty wrote:

Awesome! I think May 31st is a great time to end the contest. That gives everyone a solid month and then some. I had no idea you were planning something so soon! Its great! I will probably enter again, this time focusing more on quality not quantity. Last time, my video was pretty long compared to the others in the contest.

I've been meaning to give you some proper feedback on your entries, but let me just quick say, length in and of itself is not a problem. In fact, we like to see long videos. It just depends on whether or not the video is interesting enough to warrant the length. I'll give you a better response later, hopefully in a day or two.

ATTENTION
We are planning to launch the next contest soon, so stay tuned! We've decided to go with a June 24th deadline to give everyone ample time to make an entry. I'll let you know when it's live.

Good, I've been really tied up with animations, as I have to finish the huge one I'm doing at the moment (5mins or more) and do a second one (roughly 1-2mins) all before the last week of April! However with the deadline being late June I will definitely have time to pull something off, so this will work perfectly for me, especially as I wasn't able to enter the last one mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Wonderful! Like Lego Figure Productions, I'm pretty booked up for the moment so the end of June gives me some breathing room.