Topic: "Spring Blossoms"

Directory Link

"Spring Blossoms"

YouTube

I made this brickfilm to promote BrickVideo Studio's newest contest "Spring Blossoms." Click here for the contest thread.

I tried something a little different for this one. In particular, the entire 2 minute animated portion is a single shot. I used some crossfades to express the passage of time, but the camera position never changes. It was challenging, but a lot of fun. I had hoped to complete the animating in a single day so I wouldn't have to worry about any set/camera bumps, but that didn't work out. The second day of shooting, I did have to do some realigning, but I managed. One of the other challenges was making sure to position the action in a clear and concise manner for the audience to understand what was going on. I had a general idea of the story and how things were going to play out, but those ideas sometimes had to be altered to work within the frame. In reality, I get some of my best ideas while in the middle of a shot. The goal is just to figure it out before it's too late and I have to scrap my work.

All in all, I'm quite proud of how this turned out, and I would love to hear what you guys think.

Last edited by Daniel (April 10, 2017 (05:26pm))

Re: "Spring Blossoms"

You have made such an inspiring film - I really enjoyed watching this and lots of really clever ideas , from the watering of the flowers on the window sill to the prepared picnic - guitar playing and the knowing wink to the audience as he picked the flowers from the window sill . attention to detail was great, even a little thing like the soil falling of the weeds as he pulled them out of the ground made this very enjoyable to watch - well done! I'm looking forward to get going on my entry to "Spring Blossoms" competition mini/smile

DNAnimation