Topic: Anyone using IkitMovie?

Im new to animating and Ikitmovie, It seems like there a lot of bugs in the program,anyone else experience any problems? For the most part it works ok,but it tends to loose or run into errors when doing voice overs and for some reason I cant overlay any of the smoke,fire,explosions "any of the motion effects" I can overlay muzzle flashes,lighting,faces,voices and sound effects,but cant get any explosions to work,Am I doing something wrong? I can get the green screen to work,well I get it to work,but it looks to horrible to use. The green screen and Maybe the explosions Could be my inexperience at work,but I think this program has some bugs for sure. Please give me some tips on the green screen and the explosions if you can,

I just jumped into animating this past weekend,I know Nothing about it,just thought it looked cool and it fun. So I bought a web cam and went at it,I tried to look and try a few demos of programs and really liked the Ikitmovie because it seem to have everything built in,a Large sound effects library,visual effects "lol,those ones I cant get to work" After just playing with it the past few days, im not sure if I made the right choice. It cost me $70.00 for the Full download and I know some of them costs Hundreds,but Im just wondering if I bought into the Gimmick and Flash of all these extra features and Not a quality program. Im not trying to bash IkitMovie,just asking more experienced people that been around longer what they think of this program? As of right now im not sure what I think of it? Its hard to make a call as im new,I want everyone to say it's a great program and all of these problems are caused by me,So give me the Truth did I waste $70.00 with this program,or do I just need to work at it more?

Re: Anyone using IkitMovie?

Hi ProfitofDoom..
I use IKIT. I have been using it for a year now. It works fine for me. I got the upgrade to 3.2 a few weeks back. And it works fine too. I can use overlays, smoke , fire, explosions no problem. So I am not sure what you might be doing wrong. Here is an example of  muzzle flash and an explosion overlay..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcMO-SId5DA
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QOK-OA2 … ature=plcp

As you mentioned in your post you "just jumped into animating" etc. so maybe it might take a little time to get up to speed.

If you need help you should contact them on their site.. I find Adam in support excellent..never any problem with helping me out.

Also their video tutorials are good and show you exactly what to do ..just follow them carefully.

Best of luck with it . Zorg.;)

Re: Anyone using IkitMovie?

Major bump sorry! mini/jaw
I am using ikitmovie 4 and it has all the problems you suffer from and much more. mini/yes
I don't think everyone has these problems. It's quite strange. mini/dizzy