Topic: Free flicker filter's?

Hey guys so I bought a NIKON D-3300 back in Jan. The camera takes beautiful pictures I love it. How ever Apeture Flicker is just getting annoying. I just purchased 2 old Nikon lens , 105 mm and 55mm with manuel AP. Rings. Now the flicker has reduced a huge amount but some shots are faint luminosity changes. 1 problem is I like a high Apeture 22-32. I know some say you get alot of flicker but I've noticed it even down in the lower numbers as well. I've used virtual dub but it only saves in AVI format and the file size is always Huge! Even when it's just a few sec Clip. Does anybody know another good free program or any free filter plugins for Sony Vegas? Thanks

Re: Free flicker filter's?

I don't know about Vegas, but in VirtualDub, you can save to image sequence. JPG sequence works for me usually. Then import Image Sequence in Vegas.

Alternatively add a compression to your AVI files. There's a way to do this in VD, I don't know it off the top of my head, though. Don't use the Microsoft Video 1 codec though. From my experience, it makes for rotten AVI files (but of course, I may have been using it wrong).

Just a quick question with your new lenses:

when attached to your camera, do your lenses' apertures bounce back to nearly closed or all the way open when on your camera except when you take your shot? Some nikkor lenses have spring loaded aperture mechanisms similar to those in your automatic lens that work with the Nikon cameras to do the exact same thing: open it only when the shutter is being open. I noticed this when I still used a Nikon camera and had to keep my lenses only partially on the lens mount to prevent the spring mechanism from taking place. That may or may not be the cause of your flickr, depending on if it's doing it or not.

It's also likely the flickr could be caused by something else (inconsistent lighting or reflections) instead of the lens.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Like rioforce said, add s compression. The reason your file is so huge is because Virtual Dub saves in uncompressed AVI. This is better quality video, but a HUGE file size. On your camera, make sure every auto feature is turned off. The camera second guessing you can often cause problems such as light flicker.

-Brickman

Thanks for the response's I figured out how to do the single file jpgs on VD, however I notice when I add the filter some of the frames seem a little faded almost compared to the other photos. I'm guessing that's something the filter does to drain out the bright light flicker. As far as the camera shutter it is spring I can tell by the sound when it closes and opens. With the older lens the flicker has went down a whole lot but slightly there to the eye. Also all my settings are set on Manuel. So now maybe it is my shadow possibly casting or my lights are going up and down causing the slight flicker?