Re: Café Corner

Try doing some tests, Walk cycles, Masking, Things you would and will be doing.

Yep, doing some simple tests helps. For one, you can build your skill back easily. For two, it gives you a very simple project that you can easily finish. That will give you the encouragement and satisfaction needed to continue on. Also, unplug from the internet until you are done with the project. Even the forums have a way of sucking people away from actually brickfilming.

I'm glad to hear you're trying another run at it.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Also, unplug from the internet until you are done with the project. Even the forums have a way of sucking people away from actually brickfilming.

I know exactly what you mean mini/tongue

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

It's been final exam season for me for the past few weeks.  I've had to write three exams in about 28 hours.  It's been pretty tiring, but thankfully I'm finished now.

My last exam was today at 8:30, first thing in the morning.
I set my alarm for 6:00.
I woke up at 8:25.

Still managed to get there in time.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Mr Vertigo wrote:

Still managed to get there in time.

Was there some kind of delay?

Huh, so impaling your hand on a pencil doesn't turn you into the Eraser. Dangit.

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

New email address for Holding Our Own.  If you don't have a gmail account, please someone test it out by sending me an email.
holdingourown "at" protonmail "dot" com.

Please don't send anything from gmail.  it will be blocked.  If you want to email me from gmail, please use the original:

holdingourown "at" ymail "dot" com.

Thanks!

Last edited by HoldingOurOwn (April 29, 2017 (12:05pm))

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

I have a gmail account, so I'll have to continue using your old email address!

Hmm, after two years of not filming at all, I think its time to get back into it. Two weeks of college left and then my life can start again!!! Felt good to do some animation this weekend, boy am I rusty though. Stop-motion really is a perishable skill.

GEF wrote:

Stop-motion really is a perishable skill.

Indeed it is. I remember coming back to brickfilming every time after I had been away from it for 6 months (which has happened 4 times to me) that it would often take roughly 2 months to get close to where I was before! I'm hoping that I'm not going to be taking any more breaks from brick filming, not even if it's just a few months (which has also happened to me. In fact, despite making my first brickfim in summer of 2011, since then I've had a total of 3 years where I have not done any animating. Thank goodness the break from brick filming wasn't all in one go, otherwise I don't think I would have been able to get back on track! mini/lol)

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

lol hey everyone i used to go by just kidden on here but i forgot my password and email so hey whats up

i just finished my second year of art school n i finished a 20 minute film in 3 months and i have nothing to do right now n my mind started wandering and i remembered this place

hows everyone doing

hi im jonni my name on here used to be just kidden. look at my movies vimeo.com/jonniphillips

Yay. You're back.
I think everything is fine.
Any chances of a new brickfilm by you?

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Does anyone know who made this Lego short - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz2CTfHvqbo ? It's awesome

It has some elements of Brotherhood Workshop's work, but some of the pacing and camera angles are completely different than I've seen them do before. So...I don't know.

Perhaps them, perhaps not. But they would be my first guess.

As Pritchard said, it has some elements of Brotherhood Workshop, although I'm fairly certain this short was done by Something's Awry - Bionicle28.

Definitely wish LEGO would give credit where credit is due.

Yeah me too. Thanks! mini/smile

Yes I have had someone confirm that it was somethings awry mini/smile you are right it's an amazing video

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Oh, yeah, after hearing that it could be Bionicle28, I'm sure it's them.
Sorry. My mistake. I can totally see that now.

On the other hand, I'm graduating college in less than a week.
Four years, and it all comes down to trying not to trip as I walk up or down the stairs in a hot, wrinkly, slightly mis-sized, robe. 'Tis a strange thing, college. I felt like, in many ways, I arrived as a boy, but am leaving as something closer to a man. I've grown up considerably, and I'll miss the people here. But hey, God has bigger and better things for me than staying at college my whole life, so I'll soon be moving off to work at a church!

It's crazy, so much is happening so fast.

Congrats! I hope everything goes well for you! mini/yes

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

If I make a video using so called "fake legos" could i post it in BiM?

Yes; all brick toys are allowed.