Topic: Dragon frame question

Hey guys , so I'm gonna purchase dragon frame soon, I tried the free trial and it's a really nice program. I'm torn though on the package I should get. My question is what controller should I get? The one that features Bluetooth so you can have it near your side? The one with the USB - not sure how long the USB cord is? Or not to get the control pad at all? What do most of you guys that have it use, or suggest? Thanks.

Re: Dragon frame question

1. Get the control pad. It's epic.

2. Don't spend extra money for the Bluetooth unless your computer is super far away. You can use a USB extender if you want to. That being said, the bluetooth looks insanely cool and if you want it, get it. I kinda want it even though it probably wouldn't be much different, it just looks awesome and would be great to have fewer wires stringing across the room.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Thanks, yeah I'm leaning more towards the Bluetooth remote, not that I need it for distance but eliminating the excess wires since one is being used for my dslr already. I was curious about the remote to, I looked up the hot keys to see what if offers besides  just the capture button, basically looks like you can view your work and everything as you go all on the pad!

Yes get the blue tooth. You don't want to be using too many wires and perhaps you'll need to use an extension cord for your camera input wire too at some point.

YouTube Channel - Please Subscribe to Help me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9br8o … UGih5jf8zA

Blissfilm_Productions wrote:

I looked up the hot keys to see what if offers besides  just the capture button, basically looks like you can view your work and everything as you go all on the pad!

Most of Dragonframe is controlled by the remote. There's a lot of stuff that's not as straightforward to do in Dragonframe without the remote. Of course, it does have a digital remote that comes up on screen inside dragonframe, but the remote definitely is better and more efficient.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Remote is a no-brainer, there is no space inside the program to really put the remote they give you in-program. I have the bluetooth one as there is already a lot of wires near my workspace and I don't want to have to add more (especially since the cables already there have led to accidents involving a small lamp crashing down onto a set after the cable got caught on a box mini/sad although that was probably more to do with positioning, but whatever) so yeah, I would recommend the bluetooth.

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

The chorded pad has a really long cable. But I would still recommend the bluetooth one because the chords get messy, and you use up all your USB slots, so you can't plug in a mouse.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Thanks everyone with your input. I've ordered a Bluetooth PC adapter already and gonna pickup dragon frame this week.

I've been using dragonframe for about a year and it's great, you definitly won't regret buying it even if it is $300 mini/lol

Batmanjpd Entertainment

I went with corded, as I figure plug&play is easer than having to sync bluetooth, keep extra batteries handy, etc.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

Hello, I have one very annoying problem with Dragon frame 3 on our work station - we use v.3 plus Macbook pro Mavericks with canon 60D. Each time I loose the power in camera or I start the software BEFORE connecting the camera to computer, Dragon frame doesnt  load it.
It only says - acquiring video image for neverending time. Camera is set up by the Dragon frame website instructions, all manual, charged, new cable. I have to restart dragon frame every time.
Any suggestions? Drivers for this camera are not available for OS Mavericks, because they say...."Everything works automatically" mini/rolleyes

If you're having issues with your camera losing power (and you're using the battery), I'd highly recommend investing in an AC adapter for your camera.
As for your other problem, it's just a quirk of the software. Just make sure you turn your camera before you launch Dragonframe mini/smile

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra