Re: The Animation Challenge

I think what Raptor is saying, is that the challenge itself doesn't really have to do with animation. While you are required to animate it, your kind of diminishing it by requiring that you try to hide the rig. Doing that could limit the movements someone could do if they didn't have to hide it. I think this is a cool idea and requires some thoughtful thinking, but it isn't really about animation.

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty

When is the deadline?

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Doctor Seuss

Thank you 1999mrlegoman! This week's theme is Animating Propped Flying! I am looking for a good animation with using props for flying. Jumping is aloud or anything using props to animate flight. The deadline is this upcoming Monday. I will judge the next day.

Since no one joined, I will chose a new theme. This weeks theme is Crashing! You can have what ever you want crash. Crashing cars, planes, skateboards, anything. The deadline is next Monday. I hope we see some good entries!

I am going to try and enter. Is anyone else going to join me so I'm not alone?

Last edited by Brick Blockus (May 12, 2017 (04:04pm))

My YouTube Channel <- Do Subscribe!
I'd like to think I'll finish a project one of these days...

Hopefully so, and hopefully not. If you are the only one who enters, you'll win by default. But it's always more fun to have a challenge.

I think I'll try to enter. The Animation Challenge really needs a bit more attention!

YouTube | Twitter | Brick à Brack | Discord @ Undershadow#9982
   -- If a frame were worth a dollar, I'd be a millionaire by now --

I will extend the deadline to Thursday. If no one enters by then, I'll pick another theme.

Sorry I haven't entered, I've been busy. This always happens! Its too bad the animation challenge is stagnating again. mini/sad

My YouTube Channel <- Do Subscribe!
I'd like to think I'll finish a project one of these days...

The next theme is Changing of the guard! The deadline is next Thursday. Let's see some entries this time.

Can you explain what that would mean, A little more? Seems kinda vague. I will try to enter, though.

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Doctor Seuss

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guard_mounting

mini/dizzy I don't really understand this theme and I want to enter so could you explain it a little better? Thanks mini/smile

Batmanjpd Entertainment

Have the changing of the guard. I posted a link to wikipedia.

To be perfectly honest, I don't see this as an animation challenge subject. The animation challenge needs to be a specific action that can be animated and is also challenge. Yes, the changing of the guard is specific, but it's not challenging or an animation topic. I think that picking things that are more related to animation would be more suited to this topic.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Okay then. The next theme is Growing! The deadline is this Tuesday. Good luck!

Ok cool, I can definitely do this... mini/smile

Batmanjpd Entertainment

You're supposed to give people a week to make it.

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty

Raptor Studios wrote:

Actually, after a while, the rules sort of changed. Now people have been posting the start time and end time whenever they want.

I'm ending it a little sooner to set the time back to normal.

Since Tuesday is really close, let's make the deadline May 29th to give everyone plenty of time. The Animation Challenge has been  dormant all month, so maybe giving people more time this round will help.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b