Topic: What software should I use?

I need something thats compatible with webcams, has onion skin, preferably can load audio but doesn't have to, and can import/export frames. I have a small budget, around 60 bucks.

I think (though I might be mistaking) that helium frog can do it, but since I'm on mac (I'll be switching to windows soon) I haven't been able to try it.

Re: What software should I use?

Your description pretty much nails either Smoovie or iStopMotion 3

I assume you've already tried Heron and it didn't fit your needs?

I have Smoovie and it seems to work well, although it is fairly basic, iStopMotion looks to be more full featured, but I don't have any experience with it.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

Yes, I've tried Heron, its great but doesn't have any way of saving, other than frame exporting. Because of this its pretty risky, in case of it crashing or something. I have used iStopmotion before, great program, but I'll be switching to windows soon and iStopmotion is mac only.

Hue animation is a good option, it covers all of the features you listed.

It's also only 20$ so...

Last edited by Sir Snorlax (May 11, 2017 (04:21pm))

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty

Can it scrub audio? For lip sync?

If you mean the direct definition of audio scrubbing(as in dragging the cursor and hearing the audio) then no. But you can import, and listen to audio. Basically it puts the audio below the frames so you can see how long the audio will last compared to the frames.

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty

Ah, alright. Thanks!