Re: BRAWL 2017

rioforce wrote:

...Supposedly the Neewer NW-800 and the Floureon BM-800 are really good for their price...

I should note that you can't just buy a Neewer NW-800 and expect to plug it into your computer and get good sound out of it, as it is designed to be used with a pre-amp (through xlr) and the cable that it comes with is sort of a joke.

Back to the topic, I may actulay get the chance to enter BRAWL this year, time to clean up my desk (and the rest of the room as well. mini/smile

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

Seeing BRAWL become an official BricksInMotion contest is simply incredible to me. I may have come up with the original idea, but without the potential that other people saw in it, BRAWL would have simply become a contest that I attempted to run twice and handled incredibly unprofessionally. Thank you so much to everyone that has hosted, judged, participated, or been involved with BRAWL in any other way. You guys have helped it live on and become something far greater than I could have ever made it.

I won't rule out potentially dusting off my old LEGO collection and entering this myself, but otherwise, Happy BRAWLing everybody!

Website YouTube Twitter
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mruqon.jpg
Check out my live action directing debut, The Day That Never Comes

Thanks for creating the contest, Munzapoppa. It sure would be neat to see you enter it for the first time.

Honestly, at this point I'm not sure I'll be able to enter, but I do hope that I too will be able contribute my blood sweat and tears to this magnificent contest.  Also, hearing that BRAWL is now an official contest is fantastic news!  I've always sort of
considered it semi-official since it's one of the regular contents and typically the most popular alongside THAC, but it's great to hear that it's now officially official.

Sonjira wrote:

It's like THAC but the pain lasts longer!

To be honest this should be the official motto of BRAWL

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (May 20, 2017 (01:32pm))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Mr Vertigo wrote:
Sonjira wrote:

It's like THAC but the pain lasts longer!

To be honest this should be the official motto of BRAWL

Ironically, when I first came up with the idea for BRAWL I wanted it to be a less demanding version of THAC. I can see now that idea has completely backfired mini/tongue

Also you're very welcome Penta. I will definitely give it some consideration.

Website YouTube Twitter
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mruqon.jpg
Check out my live action directing debut, The Day That Never Comes

I think the hardest thing about BRAWL is that the longer time period lulls you into a false sense of security. You think you can take your time or try something overly ambitious, then wamo, you have 3 hours left on the final day with 5 more complex shots and all the editing left to do.

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Brickcrazy wrote:

I think the hardest thing about BRAWL is that the longer time period lulls you into a false sense of security. You think you can take your time or try something overly ambitious, then wamo, you have 3 hours left on the final day with 5 more complex shots and all the editing left to do.

Haha, yeah. I guess that's basically every non-THAC brickfilm contest in an nutshell! mini/lol

Brickcrazy wrote:

Oh my G,O,S,H that is my problem every brawl I always finish when I have just an hour or a half left but maybe this year I will be less cocky

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

I have thought of that as logically being one of the main issues, although my current idea doesn't seem like it would take that long (ha, let's just see what my opinion is once I've made the storyboard...)

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

I will see if I join BRAWL,because of School I don't have much time to shoot.:)

Dragon Brick Studios wrote:

I have thought of that as logically being one of the main issues, although my current idea doesn't seem like it would take that long (ha, let's just see what my opinion is once I've made the storyboard...)

"current ideas" always change once the theme of BRAWL is released. Every time, never fails. We all think we'll be fine, then WHAMO, BRAWL begins!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Hopefully I won't mess up and get disqualified again..... mini/lol

May as well enter. I always wanted to play BRAWL. mini/tongue

Now officially titled "Lost Acronym Filmer"

Cool! Can't wait to enter mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/0X6EoJh.jpg
YouTube Channel : All My Links ↑Click for newest animation!↑

OHohohohohooho I'll be outta school and will be completely free...I'M IN!  mini/bigsmile

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

I will try to do something...

I'm having surgery on the 15th, and may attempt to enter this while I'm recovering. Wish me luck chumps.

Pigeon Negotiator 2?

It would be great to see you enter; I hope you do make it.

BRAWL is fast approaching! How is everyone preparing for the contest?

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

mini/lol organizing my legos by color and size. It's been a great couple days mini/eek .