Re: Summer Contest: Spirit of Adventure

The poster screams Adventure Time to me. It is a bit of a challenging theme, I don't think any idea I have currently would fit the bill, per se... I might get something done yet, we'll see. Cool changeup in prizes; I really want that LEGO Maze set ever since I saw it in person at the Mall Of America LEGO Store last year.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

This looks awesome! Definitely entering this! Good luck to everyone.

thefourmonkeys wrote:

What an awesome theme! I am a little sad that I can not enter. It is such an honor to be included as a judge for this prestigious annual BIM contest. I love the new Promising Director Prize. The contest entries will be so much fun to watch and judge.

I suppose I should mention that you could make an entry that will be in the playlist but exempt from judging. I know it's not the same, though. I might still make an entry myself, just for the sake of it and since contest deadlines are great motivators to get something out.

I had this same question two years ago: how fiscal is "excessive gore"? Digital blood and sword-related wounds (without decapitation or limbs cut off) is acceptable? Wounds like in this other film of mine are ok, or should I downscale that side of my story? (No, I am not doing a western for the contest mini/lol)

LegoStudiosP wrote:

(No, I am not doing a western for the contest)

You could, though.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Looks like a lot of fun! Veeeery unlikely that I'll have the time to make anything, but I can always hope, ha ha!

Well, I better get started! mini/bigsmile

VN wrote:
LegoStudiosP wrote:

(No, I am not doing a western for the contest)

You could, though.

Yeah, but it would be my fourth western. Instead I was thinking of a Neo-western/post-apoc/fantasy film.

LegoStudiosP wrote:

I had this same question two years ago: how fiscal is "excessive gore"? Digital blood and sword-related wounds (without decapitation or limbs cut off) is acceptable? Wounds like in this other film of mine are ok, or should I downscale that side of my story? (No, I am not doing a western for the contest mini/lol)

This seems fine to me. I don't want to nail down what exactly would be considered excessive. I'll just say that if you think it isn't, then it probably isn't.

Penta wrote:

This seems fine to me. I don't want to nail down what exactly would be considered excessive. I'll just say that if you think it isn't, then it probably isn't.

All righty... that said, I'll try to keep gore to the minimal required mini/wink

To bad I can't enter, I'm to busy.

My YouTube Channel <- Do Subscribe!
I'd like to think I'll finish a project one of these days...

Is anything under a creative commons license allowed? Or is that something that you would have to 'prove' is under creative commons?

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Creative Commons music (and art, etc) is allowed. Just abode by the creator's license and give credit if they require it and it should be just fine.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Ima gonna try this, I'm always better at getting things done when I have a good deadline! This post has no point in existing, but I'm excited! Just had to let it out somewhere... mini/yes

Click the image to visit my main channel.
Bimbanner
Extra Channel

I think, I will participate in my first contest on Bricks in Motion. mini/smile

I'm excited for this contest. It was around this time last year that I started working on my first video and I wanted to enter the Summer contest so badly, but the younger and more naive me, hadn't realized how long it would take to finish that first video. Basically I ran out of time to enter the Sight and Sound Contest. That makes me even more pumped to enter the contest this year! Good luck to everybody!!

My YouTube Channel

Keep Calm and Animate On!

Honestly wanna enter so bad, I just might.

Is it okay for us to indirectly reference a property such as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc?

Yes, that would be allowed. Even a direct reference such as characters openly having a conversation about Star Wars would be OK, as long as Star Wars characters and such aren't shown.

Another question-sorry I didn't mention it in the first post-are we allowed to use classical music, such as Dies Irae or Flight of the Valkyries?