Topic: The Flower of Bliss

Directory Link

The Flower of Bliss

Youtube

A warrior is in search of a rare flower to impress the princess but an evil force stands in the way to divert his mission.

Credits:

Joshua:  FabioNoche: https://www.youtube.com/user/FabioNoche
Steven: My brother
Jesse: My friend
mini/tongue

Music: All from Incompitech.com
'Not as it Seems'
'Crossing the Chasm'
'Evil incoming'
'Ascending the Vale'

SFX: Mix of me and youtube

An entry to Brickvideo Studio's Spring Blossoms Contest

Wow! I do brickfilms too!!
Hoverfrog Films - Youtube
Gmail

Re: The Flower of Bliss

Well, this has my vote!

Better than any of my ideas anyways...
All of mine involved cat murder. mini/eek

Great film, this would've even made a good entry to the Spirit of Adventure summer contest. There seemed to be some technical flaws that have simple fixes, e.i. taping down your set, or is that a tri-pod issue? I did like the audio track but it did seem imbalanced during the conversation about the map. None of those things really distract too much honestly because everything else held it all together. I see you used the brick blur technique, it looked very nice.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

As mentioned before, there was a fair bit of set bump, but it wasn't really bad or anything. I liked the set design, and the fast paced movements were a nice touch (I'm assuming that was inspired by the Ninjago Rebrick contest? Oh, and congrats for winning that mini/smile) although I'm still not sure whether or not I'm a fan of the method used for the minifigure hiding in the darkness of the trees, but anyway - good cinematography, nice voices, masking could do with a bit more work, as you could see a little bit of the support for the flower when it's above his head. Pretty good animation, but what I liked most was the story. I won't spoil it, but I was surprised (in a good way) by the ending, I think that it was a very cool idea. Good work!

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

VN wrote:

Great film, this would've even made a good entry to the Spirit of Adventure summer contest. There seemed to be some technical flaws that have simple fixes, e.i. taping down your set, or is that a tri-pod issue? I did like the audio track but it did seem imbalanced during the conversation about the map. None of those things really distract too much honestly because everything else held it all together. I see you used the brick blur technique, it looked very nice.

Thanks! Yeah, a couple times I bumped my camera and tried to fix it as much as possible, and then other times the tape would come loose. I also was aware of the audio being unbalanced but unfortunately I did not have time to fix it because I didn't get started on my entry till late into the contest.

Gmail

Dragon Brick Studios wrote:

As mentioned before, there was a fair bit of set bump, but it wasn't really bad or anything. I liked the set design, and the fast paced movements were a nice touch (I'm assuming that was inspired by the Ninjago Rebrick contest? Oh, and congrats for winning that mini/smile) although I'm still not sure whether or not I'm a fan of the method used for the minifigure hiding in the darkness of the trees, but anyway - good cinematography, nice voices, masking could do with a bit more work, as you could see a little bit of the support for the flower when it's above his head. Pretty good animation, but what I liked most was the story. I won't spoil it, but I was surprised (in a good way) by the ending, I think that it was a very cool idea. Good work!

Haha, Thanks! Really excited for the Lego Ninjago Movie! I was away at camp during my editing phase and had to use my ipod for all the editing, so I wasn't able to mask as much as I would have liked to. mini/confused

Gmail

Hoverfrogfilms wrote:

I was away at camp during my editing phase and had to use my ipod for all the editing, so I wasn't able to mask as much as I would have liked to. mini/confused

Ah Ok no worries, I'm sure if you need to do masking again you won't have that issue mini/tongue

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?