Topic: Trailer - Day of Vengeance

Day of Vengeance - Trailer #2

Watch it here!

Content advisory: mild violence and some graphic gore throughout the trailer.

When a gang of bandits murders a Mormon Pioneer's family, he enlists two bounty hunters, the Native and the Vengeful,to help him in his quest for vengeance, but on the way, he's torn by his religious believes and his thirst for vengeance.
Day of Vengeance is closer to a Spaghetti-western than a John Wayne Western, because I personally feel them to be more realistic. This means that there will be a slow-pacing, some quick and gruesome, bloody violence, and anything you might find in a western like Once Upon a Time in the West ir The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

The title quotes a biblical expression (used in Isaiah 63:3-4) to describe what would be for the sinner the Second Coming of Jesus. The trailer uses a mormon scripture, Doctrine and Covenants 133:51, that resembles closely the passage in Isaiah and is put in a quite different context.

Take a look at the production thread!

Last edited by LegoStudiosP (July 10, 2017 (04:32pm))

Re: Trailer - Day of Vengeance

Looks cool - I like the sunset/ filtering you've done with the  lighting - really captures the atmosphere of a western. It pretty much looks hot and dusty ......... and a classic tale of revenge is always a good thing. Some of the camera panning is a bit shaky but not too bad - I'm guilty of that myself and trying to overcome that with smoother dolly set ups but it's tricky - overall a good trailer and looking forward to seeing the film mini/smile

DNAnimation

legodave1 wrote:

Looks cool - I like the sunset/ filtering you've done with the  lighting - really captures the atmosphere of a western. It pretty much looks hot and dusty ......... and a classic tale of revenge is always a good thing. Some of the camera panning is a bit shaky but not too bad - I'm guilty of that myself and trying to overcome that with smoother dolly set ups but it's tricky - overall a good trailer and looking forward to seeing the film mini/smile

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! In my defence: most of the close-up shakiness is actually intentional. Being a sort-of homage to spaghetti westerns, those films didn't have a huge budget, hence, e.g. The Great Silence has a lot of horse riding close ups with very shaky shots. Plus, it's a good and legit excuse to cover up imperfections;).

Watched it a couple of times, but still can't really figure out what the guy was saying at the start mini/tongue  also, and I may be very mistaken here, was the music used based off of TheFatRat's Monody? Some parts sounded very familiar... mini/wink

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Dragon Brick Studios wrote:

Watched it a couple of times, but still can't really figure out what the guy was saying at the start mini/tongue

If it was for my pronounciation, I'm not english mothertongue (yes, the guy at the beggining was voiced by me;) ), or the audio. I find it clear, but it can be because I'm used to listen it and understand it because I know the source text. Otherwise, it's the complex biblical language of the passage, the last paragraph of the description explains where you can find the scripture.

also, and I may be very mistaken here, was the music used based off of TheFatRat's Monody? Some parts sounded very familiar... mini/wink

While I didn't even know about that guy and that piece, I recognise now that I heard it that there's an astonishing similarity! Wow!

I drew inspiration for the theme music of Day of Vengeance mostly from spaghetti western themes, mainly the theme music of "The Great Silence", andin its first portion to the beginning of some Morricone western duel themes (that of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and the other Dollar Trilogy entries). At 0:24 I quote a motif from the piece called "The demise of Barbara" from the spaghetti western Navajo Joe (a theme used also by Tarantino in Kill Bill vol. 2 for the scene of Bill's death).

LegoStudiosP wrote:

If it was for my pronounciation, I'm not english mothertongue (yes, the guy at the beggining was voiced by me;) )

Yeah, when I heard the voice and saw your channel name I figured you weren't originally english but I must say your english is really good in writing! mini/bigsmile It's fine though, it is often (at least for me) easier to understand what people are saying when you have got the context of the conversation, and I did manage to understand a fair bit of it anyway, so don't worry about it. mini/smile

LegoStudiosP wrote:

I drew inspiration for the theme music of Day of Vengeance mostly from spaghetti western themes, mainly the theme music of "The Great Silence", andin its first portion to the beginning of some Morricone western duel themes (that of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and the other Dollar Trilogy entries). At 0:24 I quote a motif from the piece called "The demise of Barbara" from the spaghetti western Navajo Joe (a theme used also by Tarantino in Kill Bill vol. 2 for the scene of Bill's death).

I can see some of the similarities from looking up all of these, and I have to say I think the Good, the Bad and the Ugly (as well as the music you created for your film mini/tongue) are my favourite western pieces of all time now mini/bigsmile (I reckon I must have heard the former before though as it seemed very familiar and I got a big feeling of deja vu - probably because I have watched a bit of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly before mini/wink)

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

I can see some of the similarities from looking up all of these, and I have to say I think the Good, the Bad and the Ugly (as well as the music you created for your film mini/tongue) are my favourite western pieces of all time now mini/bigsmile (I reckon I must have heard the former before though as it seemed very familiar and I got a big feeling of deja vu - probably because I have watched a bit of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly before mini/wink)

And that was the purpose of the brickfilm: to introduce people to the world of spaghetti westerns! If you will ever be interested in the genre I strongly advice to watch at least The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, a masterpiece not only for this genre but for cinema as a whole!

With each of the movie's three parts, I will release a list. with all the homages or quotes and citations that occur during the film, together with explanations, descriptions, etc.

LegoStudiosP wrote:

And that was the purpose of the brickfilm: to introduce people to the world of spaghetti westerns! If you will ever be interested in the genre I strongly advice to watch at least The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, a masterpiece not only for this genre but for cinema as a whole!

With each of the movie's three parts, I will release a list. with all the homages or quotes and citations that occur during the film, together with explanations, descriptions, etc.

That would be cool to see. I must admit Westerns aren't exactly at the top of my list when it comes to my favourite film genres (maybe because I haven't seen enough? mini/what - I know I've watched at least 5 Westerns, generally older ones, but I can't for the life of me remember what most of them are called mini/XD)

Anyway, can't wait to see the movie, out of all the Production Logs that I have been following, this is the one that I am excited for the most mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Dragon Brick Studios wrote:

That would be cool to see. I must admit Westerns aren't exactly at the top of my list when it comes to my favourite film genres

I didn't care at all for westerns until the end of January 2016. That was when, while I was sick at home, I saw in tv The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, which was one of the rare occasions I felt immensely gratified after the first view of a film. I deepened my knowledge of the genre in the following months, and soon filmed The Vengeful and The Five of the Pit. Mind, I'm just telling you my personal journey towards the appreciation of this genre, not trying to convince anyone to dive into it.

Anyway, can't wait to see the movie, out of all the Production Logs that I have been following, this is the one that I am excited for the most mini/smile

I am most glad to hear that, thank you! I have the feeling that this and The Nine Billion Names of God are my most anticipated projects ever. Stalker: Mirror of Conscience was my only other project that had a certain number of followers. Let's hope that I can live up to expectations!