Re: The Animation Challenge

I want to put an entry together but I work until 5pm tomorrow. So I can't even start until then...
I'll do what I can.

http://orig13.deviantart.net/3968/f/2017/197/d/c/faaf_logo_4_1_by_orignl_ninja_knight-dbglsld.png

And the winner is...Weasel!

Congratulations on entering and winning this week's animation challenge.

Your entry certainly took "making" the bed quite literally, leading to quick and fun build sequence. While the characters running around the bed was a good idea, I feel it lacked a bit of refinement and polish on the animation itself.

nswihart, it's a pity you couldn't make it in time. I was looking forward to it. However, work must come first. That's life. Perhaps next time!

Thanks Pritchard! This weeks theme is Breaking The Surface! Have a mini figure (or anything else) breaking the surface of water. The deadline is next Thursday. Good luck!

Can it be breaking the surface of something else? Like a roof or something?

Nope, sorry. Just water this time.

I'm back. mini/bigsmile

Here's my entry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOSeeJ_ … e=youtu.be

Last edited by LAF (July 17, 2017 (03:13pm))

Now officially titled "Lost Acronym Filmer"

I'm late, sorry. You're the winner by default LAF.

Thank you!

The next theme is Epic Battle that Defies All Laws of Gravity!

Good luck and have fun!

When's the deadline?

I believe the deadline has passed. ._.

Uh, hey, moderators, what happens next since no one entered?

I went through the thread to see if this happened before and indeed it has. A couple of challenges in, Nathan had to step in because no one entered the challenge. With the old thread, there would be long periods of time where there would be no posts. To improve on this, moderators would step in to keep things going. I don't know whether Nathan needs to step in or you need to make a new theme and a deadline. I just looked at one instance where he stepped in and started the challenge back up. I will go through the thread and see if I can come up with anything. One thing you can do is message Nathan. He will most likely step in. Edit: Found another instance. Someone decided to do another theme since no one entered and one of the mods said this"The whole point of a mod running it would be to keep things moving at a nice pace.
So if one of us mods isn't paying attention, feel free to take care of things among yourselves". We can settle this amongst ourselves. I suggest either you come up with a new theme or you could pass it along to someone else.

Last edited by TheLegoBrick (July 31, 2017 (07:50pm))

Well, nobody's been expressing much interest in the challenge, so it seems somewhat useless to make a new challenge until we get some participants. So if anyone wants to animate, tell me here and I'll make a challenge so yall can enter. Otherwise, we'll just leave it and someone can make one later.

Or, yeah, just handle it. Typically, if there is interest and a mod doesn't do anything, the members can start up the challenge.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I'll animate.

Aye.  Weasel?

I would certainly be interested in participating in one or two of these - I haven't done it in a while.

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

I'm pretty busy, but maybe I can squeak in a little time to do one.

I'm interested as long as it is after Aug 14.

Who wants to pick the next theme?

NOTE: Due to my inactivity I won't be able to enter pick a theme or judge.

We gotta get this thing back on the road.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this!

New challenge: Cartoon run and jump.

I'm thinking something maybe having hopping or skipping, and a jump of some type. But make it cartoony. yes, it's somewhat specific, but hopefully it'll be challenging!

The deadline is next Wednesday the 23rd.

Good luck!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b