Topic: LEGO Doctor Who: Genderbender

Directory Link

LEGO Doctor Who: Genderbender

YouTube

So, Jodie Whittaker has been cast as the first female Doctor! What does this mean for my series? Absolutely nothing! But here is Red reacting to it anyway. Enjoy!

Re: LEGO Doctor Who: Genderbender

Definitely got a laugh from me mini/lol

I love a bit of sarcastic humour, I think casting Jodie is a fantastic decision. It gives feminism another good push forward, however you're always gonna get flack from someone that thinks otherwise.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53039755110_db54775cd9_w.jpg

Nice job call me crazy but I'm not too keen on the idea of The Doctor being a woman I have nothing against women I just think it's a bit weird that for fifty years he was a man

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

I don't know why, but every time I see animation on a pulled-back shot that exposes just how small the set is on a table - I love it. Kinda gives a bit of a glimpse into the work that goes into stop-motion without spoiling the effect. Also cool to see a tiny window into each animator's unique set-up and workflow.

As for the announcement, I'll be sure to catch the first few episodes to see Whittaker's doctor. Otherwise, though, I'll probably skip the rest of the series. IMO, Doctor Who's had some major flaws ever since the 2005 restart that have only gotten worse over time; and only a few of these problems were from Moffat...

I'd like to think that Whittaker was wholly chosen for her acting talents and not on her sex alone. I've seen her in some other things, and thus, wasn't very shocked when she was announced as the next doctor. The reaction to this on both sides has been appalling though.

Spoiler (click to read)

It's like everyone thinks that they can push their political ideals by piggy-backing on pop culture & current announcements... Kinda sad, really.

This brickfilm, on the other hand, does a great job of straying from the controversial, and I applaud that. Hope we get a minifig of the 13th Doctor sometime as well! mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Dyland wrote:

I don't know why, but every time I see animation on a pulled-back shot that exposes just how small the set is on a table - I love it. Kinda gives a bit of a glimpse into the work that goes into stop-motion without spoiling the effect. Also cool to see a tiny window into each animator's unique set-up and workflow.

Same! mini/bigsmile

Dyland wrote:

I'd like to think that Whittaker was wholly chosen for her acting talents and not on her sex alone.

Well the new dDirector is the one who directed Broadchurch, which Whittaker was in mini/wink

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?