Topic: #Flashbrick

Directory Link

#Flashbrick

Youtube

A compilation of old clips, created for the #Flashbrick project- as well as some new footage detailing my battles with a rogue illusionist.

If you'd like to participate in #Flashbrick, just upload your compilation the same way you would upload anything else and tag it with the #Flashbrick tag. If enough people decide to post their old films, I might make a playlist or something.

Special thanks to HOO for coming up with the hashtag.

Re: #Flashbrick

Great job! I would totally do a #Flashbrick video, if all my old stop motion wasn't destroyed along with my old laptop! mini/sad

Supermelty Productions
Voice Over Website: ianwood.site

I just so happened to save my old test videos on to my computer, when I found them on a memory stick. Two of them are literally full out brickfilms that I haven't got around to releasing on YouTube yet. This should be the perfect opportunity!

This is awesome, Squash. It's always neat to see old tests and/or unfinished projects. I have to say though, my favorite bits are the intro and outro–really great stuff. Going the extra mile and animating additional scenes solidifies this as being a brickfilm in its own right rather than just a compilation video.

I think I might just have to get in on #Flashbrick.

Thanks Squash, this was enlightening!

William Osborne wrote:

I just so happened to save my old test videos on to my computer, when I found them on a memory stick. Two of them are literally full out brickfilms that I haven't got around to releasing on YouTube yet. This should be the perfect opportunity!

Please do! I'm sure I have some old rough stuff on hi-8 video tapes if I can find a working camera to play them. Mostly people hitting/punching each other. Though I know there was an incomplete bank robbery scene that I abandoned maybe 10% of the way in.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

YES!  I'm a fan of nostalgia so I loved this compilation of archival films.  I'd like to do something along these lines but have very little pre-HOO material and it's mostly on the DVDs.  The "Magic Is Real" stunt reminds me of something I remember Penn Jillette discuss in an interview.  He says he never wants his magic to be realistic, like a person who is sawing someone in half in a magic trick could do it in real life and say it's a trick, and he'd be committing murder and the audience has the expectations that everything is fine and realistic theatrics.

And curse you because that swingin' tune is now stuck in my head!  Did the batch of early films have dialogue that was removed for this retrospective?  Cool piece of work, and some of the early work makes me feel not as bad about mine!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Did the batch of early films have dialogue that was removed for this retrospective?

Some of them look like I probably had lines planned but I'm not sure what they were. As far as I know, the only films in the compilation that I recorded audio for at the time were the one with the alien speaking to the camera and the Gluttonous film (which I had made for a thing Nathan Wells was doing called the Dictionary Series). The former was lost completely and the latter was just a few bits of foley so I figured I wouldn't interrupt the music for it.

I'm glad everyone seems to have enjoyed this. For those of you toying with making compilations, I'd definitely encourage looking into it. It'd be lots of fun to see what you all can dig up.

I've always kept my old brickfilms, and this may be the perfect opportunity to share them! mini/bigsmile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?