Topic: Lego Walk Sequence Sound?

Hello, I have recently been searching and searching for a concrete walking sound effect, and I have not found anything of the sort using the websites suggested on the Royalty Free Music and Sound Thread. What type of walking on concrete sounds do you use? To help you get an idea on what I am looking for, I really like the sound Titan Pictures uses here: https://youtu.be/p3qdyj2ec74?t=4
Thanks for the help!

Re: Lego Walk Sequence Sound?

Wave Brigade has some pretty good footsteps in one of their free sound packs.

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

Finding sounds that match online is one of the toughest jobs, one easy way is by doing your own!

(Works better with an external microphone) But go in a room with a controlled amount of sound and use props to do the sounds you need to the footage that you've filmed. This is far more accurate to what you may need and you'll build your own sfx library.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53039755110_db54775cd9_w.jpg

The Tenacious Brick wrote:

Finding sounds that match online is one of the toughest jobs, one easy way is by doing your own!

(Works better with an external microphone) But go in a room with a controlled amount of sound and use props to do the sounds you need to the footage that you've filmed. This is far more accurate to what you may need and you'll build your own sfx library.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not quite ready for recording my own sounds yet as I do not have any adequate sound recording devices.

Feinsntein Films wrote:

Wave Brigade has some pretty good footsteps in one of their free sound packs.

Thanks, I will take a look at it. mini/wink

I am still open to suggestions for sound though. Thanks!

The places I ususally look for sound effects are sweetsoundeffects.com, Soundrangers, freeSFX.co.uk and Freesound.org

All of the sound effects are royalty free, but I'm not sure if the sound effects from freesound are royalty free as well, so you might need to check that. There is also a website called FindSounds, which searches the web for sounds, but because of this I don't know where all of the sounds are from, hence some may not be free.

Last edited by Dragon Brick Studios (August 29, 2017 (02:24am))

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

As I am looking for sound effects, I have found effects that are just one step. Is it advisable to create my own sequence using different one step sounds?

If you mean getting several different footstep sound effects and combining them into one, then I'm not too sure how well that would work. You would probably want to have two different sounds (one for the right foot and one for the left), but they would need to sound pretty similar so that it sounds like as if they are both walking on the same surface.

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Looks like another question has popped into my head. When filming walk sequences, do you add the sound and animate at the same time, or do you animate first and find a soundtrack that matches the steps?

1 would not really do either, I would animate first and then find one I like and if the timings don't match then I'll just trim the sound effect so that it fits nicely with the footsteps, as it can be hard to get a sound effect that is the exact same length as the animation. If necessary, I may also have to slightly trim the animation if I can if it means making it sound smoother.

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?