Topic: C-3PO and the Forest of Doom

Directory Link

C-3PO and the Forest of Doom

C-3PO and the Forest of Doom

Years after the battle of Endor, the small moon has become a sanctuary of a new evil...

Feedback is welcomed!

We're new to this whole thing, but we would love it if you subscribed to Minifigery on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY21QHxGaziqQJf3Vma93mw

Re: C-3PO and the Forest of Doom

Dude, you're new to brickfilming?! If that's the case then you're GIFTED, this was amazing!!! I think you've nailed the set design aspect, with the play and lego being a perfect combination for creating Endor! There were a few set bumps, but that's to be expected when starting off, and to be honest they weren't real bad or anything. I think your animation is great (although there were a few bits which seemed slightly choppy) and I was really impressed with some of the shots that you were able to pull off, and the fire looked really cool. It also reminded me a lot of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom mini/wink

You've already started off with some impressive first brickfilms, keep up the good work! I can't wait too see what you do next mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Re: C-3PO and the Forest of Doom

Very nice. The lighting and sets were amazing, much of the animation was very smooth. The scene played well, of course it's a recreation of that famous scene, though there were a couple nice surprise twists. You already know where the few jittery and flickery moments are, so I won't focus on that, however I would like to make a recommendation on the "resample" effect, where some frames are double exposed to blend between frames. Personally I find that look to be mushy rather than smooth, and while it was used sparingly here, my feedback has to be that I'd rather see a brickfilmer embrace the crisp and snappy strobe of classic stop motion. It's one of those things like seeing brushstrokes in an impressionistic painting, fingerprints or chisel marks on a sculpture, or sketchy lines on a traditional animation pencil test, that gives it that handmade, human touch and makes the medium more alive, relatable, and impressive.
Great work, can't wait to see more!

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png