Topic: The History of Brickfilms: 1970s & 1980s

Directory Link

The History of Brickfilms: 1970s & 1980s

YouTube

My contribution to Brickfilm Day. A documentary with some original animation (filmed in about a tenth of a second) designed to provide a more complete overview of the earliest decades of brickfilming. Since 2014, I have been expanding a list of pre-2000s brickfilms as I come across more and more. Some of the films included here were found as recently as this week. Initially, I planned to include the 1990s, but I soon realised there was way too much to cover. I hope to make part 2 in the near future, and maybe continue, if people like them.

Re: The History of Brickfilms: 1970s & 1980s

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this, thanks so much for putting it together! I think I can only say I'd heard of about half of the major films you mentioned. Also, I didn't realize Andy Boyer got started quite that early. mini/tongue

I'd love to see a second part to this!

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

I'd love to see a second part to this!

I second that!

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

Wow! That was really very interesting! mini/bigsmile
Great job, Penta!
We're also looking forward to watching a second part to this!

A fantastic mini-documentary. Thanks for being part of Brickfilm Day 2018!

Please pardon the bit of a bump.

I finally got around to watching this today, and all I can say is "Wow!"
Your brickfilm features articles have always had a knack for finding little-known films, but this takes things to an even higher level.There are so many films included that I have never even heard of, and your detailed research is quite commendable.  Plus, several of the stories behind the films are given, and those are an added plus. It's obvious that you have a great passion for brickfilming history. Even better, your passion is paired with an excellent and engaging style of presentation that keeps the glut of information from choking viewers with too much too fast. Even if it does, they can at least empathize with the explorer's entertaining young friend.

I thoroughly enjoyed this history, and aim waiting impatiently for Part 2. However, I fear once the Golden Age hits, your job of finding the most influential and worthwhile brickfilms will become far more difficult. Are you planning on doing this through to the present? I'd be interested to know what you consider the 'biggest' or 'best' films of, say, even the BiM years. Although I admit that lasting influence and popularity would be hard to gauge being so close to their release, and without the filter of time to sift through the lesser works.