Topic: The Passion: A Brickfilm

Directory Link

The Passion: A Brickfilm

Website/Store

Experience the death and resurrection of Jesus in this award winning LEGO movie from Bricktime Studios. The film is available on DVD via our website.

Re: The Passion: A Brickfilm

WOW!! this looks so interesting, I am a Christian and believe that witnessing to others in this way is truly amazing!! Great job!!

Here is the link to the trailer.

From the above trailer, this looks good!
The sets and design are very much like BrotherhoodWorkshop, so they have a different, and very textured, feel. I think that setting works great for the subject matter; the naturally dirty feeling of the clay and sand lend an appropriate atmosphere to the crucifixion scene.

I'm always on the lookout for quality Bible based brickfilms, and love that you've put so much care and time into this. It's the ultimate Bible story, and without Christ and what he has done, nothing else would matter. Thank you for your passion to share this story with others, and I hope you'll be able to reach many with the message of the Gospel.

Now, as to the trailer...
While those shots may not be representative of the whole, there was actually very little stop-motion animation. Manipulation from off screen and camera movements over a still set seemed to be the norm. While it's not wrong to do that, it doesn't enhance the visual appeal, and if that is over used, it may be seen as a bit dull and boring.

However, the price may be a turn off for some. I absolutely understand wanting to make a little back for all the time and money spent on the project, but do understand that it will lesson the number of viewers.  It's really hard to get people to purchase brickfilms, even more so if they don't know you well.

Still, may this film, and those behind it, be blessed.
Thanks for sharing it!

I agree with you 100% Pritchard, these were my thoughts exactly.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

I was surprised to see no animation. I've never seen someone make a LEGO video with just live action footage. It looks well done from the trailer, in my opinion.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Looks nice, wondering if there is any animation here...
I haven’t thought much about the possibility of a non-animated brickfilm, but that is interesting.
As a Christian, I super-appreciate the message that you’re trying to communicate with this! Does the real movie have more animation than the trailer?

Very interesting. For a longer film it might fall short for lack of stop-motion. But the trailer is captivating.