Topic: Stop Motion Software

For the past year or so I've been using MonkeyJam as my software of choice in animation, however as skills improve as well as quality of equipment I've decided to atleast look into changing software. While I'd like to potentially upgrade to dragonforce one day as of current funds and let's just say...lacking. Does anyone recommend any free alternatives?

Re: Stop Motion Software

What camera are you using? That's the most important determination to what software would be best for you. Also, I assume PC because you've used MonkeyJam, yes?

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

What camera are you using? That's the most important determination to what software would be best for you. Also, I assume PC because you've used MonkeyJam, yes?

Currently just a £8 Polaroid webcam I purchased from a local store, however recently I managed to acquire a Samsung GX-20 DSLR which I plan on making the switch to very soon
EDIT: Also yes I'm currently a PC user

Last edited by GeorgeSpace (April 17, 2018 (05:20am))

I've used AnimaShooter for a bit, and really like it. The Junior version is free and does everything I need, but it looks like only the paid versions support DSLR. There's a 3 week trial you can use to test if it works with your camera.

I think you'll have trouble finding software that works with a Samsung camera. If you're on a really tight budget your best option is probably to get a webcam and use something like the free version of AnimaShooter. I used the paid version, and I like it, but it only supports Canon. You can always go without capture software and use a remote shutter with the camera; I did that for years.