Topic: Dishonored - A Brick à Brack Silent Voices Contest Entry

Directory Link

Dishonored - A Brick à Brack Silent Voices Contest Entry

YouTube

Few things are worse than a set bump.

Re: Dishonored - A Brick à Brack Silent Voices Contest Entry

I agree. Set bumps are evil.
The characters reaction is perfectly reasonable and appropriate for such a tragedy.

I like the contest idea; conveying story without dialog. As for your adapting to it, that was top-notch. The story was perfectly clear, and it was easy to tell the tone and feelings of the characters. The ending was a fun twist on the

Spoiler (click to read)

reveal of the human animator

idea. Having that mirror the story was just pure genius.

The scale shot at 0:36 was also a great way to give us a close-up of the, erm, ummm... tragedy. mini/wink However, from that movement, until about about a minute into the film felt off. I understand you were trying to go for the slow-mo feel, but I feel that a single slow-mo shot followed by a rapidly cut series of high-movement scenes (somewhat like the shots at 1:00-1:10) would have kept the short from dragging, as well as added more impact to the emotion. (The pacing and cutting feel more natural in the second go around at the end.)  I did really like the last 30 second or so following the twist.

It could have benefited from more sound effects. Perhaps more ambient noises, as the world simply didn't sound full and alive, but again, even without all that, the story was clear, the emotion resonated well, and you did a good job.

It was a fun look at the tragedy of brickfilming accidents, with a clear story, and a great twist. You excelled through the limitations of the contest, and made a fun and meta film. I like it!

A masterpiece of cinema. mini/eek  In all seriousness, that was a great film. I'm sure many brickfilmers can relate to this issue. Good work Gold Brick.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Funniest brickfilm I've seen in a long time. I literally laughed out loud several times during this fun video.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png