Re: Summer Contest: Movie Magic [Submissions Closed]

Sounds very interesting! I have already some ideas for new animations, but maybe I'll enter mini/smile

This is a great theme - it will really encourage me to experiment mini/smile

DNAnimation

After seeing mentions of George and Fritz in there, I'm excited to see what sorts of in-camera tricks people come up with!

YouTube | I'm making music now. Have a listen. | Website

Currently on hiatus from making my own brickfilms. In the process of learning music production techniques.
Need a voice actor? Hit me up.

Just starting animation tonight.

Started animating 2 days ago! I just wish I could have DragonFrame right now! mini/bigsmile

Last edited by PlasticPointProductions (June 24, 2018 (11:31am))

As I know some of our members have started production on their films, now seems like as good a time as any to open a production topic for discussing production on any and all Movie Magic entries.

I have a quick question. Are you allowed to show a five second clip of your movie to a voice acter?
Thanks

PlasticPointProductions wrote:

I have a quick question. Are you allowed to show a five second clip of your movie to a voice acter?
Thanks

Yep, that's fine.

I would so love to participate this year's summer contest. Sadly, I'm preoccupied with other stuff at the moment.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

I won’t be able to finish my BRAWL entry in time... but with a bit of tweaking to the script, I can enter into this contest instead! Ah, thank the heavens for this website.

Evolved Turtle wrote:

Ah, thank the heavens for this website.

Bricks in Motion is so bae. mini/lol

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

I am done animating!
(Actually, I was done last week)

Is CG animation allowed? I mean, all the in-camera effects will be computer made, so i guess not. mini/mrgreen

Can I post a trailer for my movie?

PlasticPointProductions wrote:

Can I post a trailer for my movie?

You sure can!

Great!

Just might join, haven't brick filmed properly in years so this will be fun.

So trademarked characters aren’t allowed, but what if a character’s suit with a logo is in the background?

Something like a suit in the background is technically acceptable, but I'd really rather folks avoid anything trademarked as much as possible so we don't have to worry about the distinction between background/foreground, what is being used as a story element, etc... A Batman suit on a coat rack is acceptable, LEGO Batman showing up and taking a role in the film is not. I'd prefer people air on the side of caution because the distinction is not straightforward for everyone and I don't want anyone to unnecessarily put their film in danger of disqualification.

References to licensed properties in dialogue are usually fine (ie. two characters discussing who the strongest superhero is), it's the displaying of logos and the characters themselves where stuff starts to get hairy. We don't want to make anything that our sponsors wouldn't be comfortable posting on their sites should they be inclined.

Got it. I’ll leave it out to be on the safe side.