Topic: Joker Prank in Toilet Set-up

Directory Link

Joker Prank in Toilet Set-up

Episode 1 (Part 1)

EPISODE 1 (Part 1)

This is the pilot episode of " MINI FIGS - MINI GIGS". Joker is about to set-up a prank in the neighborhood public toilet. Find out what he is up to and who are the unfortunate ones to get pranked!

Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions. Thank you for watching. mini/smile

Last edited by wifey blocks (September 25, 2018 (07:41am))

Re: Joker Prank in Toilet Set-up

Welcome to the site, Wifey Blocks!

I enjoyed this funny little short. While there's still some room for improvement in the pacing and lighting departments, the animation, music, and sound effects thrive. The sound editing, in particular, is a highlight. (Loved the rubber-ducky sound for the Joker's footsteps! And the toilet sounds were realistic and well mixed)

Can't wait for your next film! mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Thank you for watching! I'm glad you liked it, this is my first ever brickfilm short release. I had a few practice shots then I went ahead and made this one. I will surely take note about the pacing and try to improve on it. I'll research more on lighting and if you don't mind giving out specific suggestions on lighting, that would help me a lot. It really took me some time on the music and sound effects and glad it paid a bit well. Everything is much appreciated!

EP 1 Part 2 is already up. I hope you can stay tuned for next ones as well. Thanks again!
EP 1 Part 2 - https://youtu.be/fRqTw199nUI

Dyland wrote:

Welcome to the site, Wifey Blocks!

I enjoyed this funny little short. While there's still some room for improvement in the pacing and lighting departments, the animation, music, and sound effects thrive. The sound editing, in particular, is a highlight. (Loved the rubber-ducky sound for the Joker's footsteps! And the toilet sounds were realistic and well mixed)

Can't wait for your next film! mini/smile

While the lighting is fairly decent for a bathroom & hallway setting, generally, it's too easy to go overboard and have flat, even lighting instead of dramatic lighting. Just a bit of ambience and shadow can go a long way.

A great example is Twelve Bucks (warning: mild language), which, while super stylized (and not exactly fitting of your setting) is a great start to learn from. Bathrooms, in particular, tend to have a very specific sound & lighting IMO. But for a first film, this is great!

For pacing, which is very subjective, I'd say watch as many brickfilms as you can to get your own sense of what's good and what's bad pacing. Personally, for comedy, I think this is a great fast-paced comedy But You Can't Do That, and this a great slow-paced comedy Aladibababad.

This video (Joker Prank Set-Up) could have benefited from shifting pace a bit - as is, it seems just a tad monotonous. However, part 2 (Batman Surprise) works better, since the audience is anticipating what's coming - so it's pacing is nearly flawless!

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Dyland wrote:

While the lighting is fairly decent for a bathroom & hallway setting, generally, it's too easy to go overboard and have flat, even lighting instead of dramatic lighting. Just a bit of ambience and shadow can go a long way.

A great example is Twelve Bucks (warning: mild language), which, while super stylized (and not exactly fitting of your setting) is a great start to learn from. Bathrooms, in particular, tend to have a very specific sound & lighting IMO. But for a first film, this is great!

For pacing, which is very subjective, I'd say watch as many brickfilms as you can to get your own sense of what's good and what's bad pacing. Personally, for comedy, I think this is a great fast-paced comedy But You Can't Do That, and this a great slow-paced comedy Aladibababad.

This video (Joker Prank Set-Up) could have benefited from shifting pace a bit - as is, it seems just a tad monotonous. However, part 2 (Batman Surprise) works better, since the audience is anticipating what's coming - so it's pacing is nearly flawless!

Hi! I already watched the three videos you recommended and yes I can see the pointers you mentioned. The mood for the first video was influenced a lot by the lighting and it was great. But you can't do that really is a great fast-paced comedy. It was very direct to the point. On the other hand, Alidabababad was a longer video although while watching it, I never felt bored since it was funny all the way until the end. I'll try to watch more videos and learn pacing since I see now that it is very important for engaging the viewers. Thank you for showing me these! mini/smile

The next parts of EPISODE 1 are already finished, and I'm already on post production for EPISODE 2, so I might not be able to apply these on those videos hehe. Still I hope you might still enjoy watching them. I will surely incorporate all these pointers you gave me on my next videos, EPISODE 3 for sure. Thanks again and really thank you for taking the time explaining these to me. mini/smile I'll be sure to watch your videos and support your upcoming projects too. mini/smile

Last edited by wifey blocks (September 26, 2018 (11:16pm))