Topic: LEGO Animation Tutorial: Ant-Man Growing & Shrinking Effect

Directory Link

LEGO Animation Tutorial: Ant-Man Growing & Shrinking Effect

Link 1

The second tutorial in a new series of videos in which I hope to further explain how I achieved certain effects/shots in my stop motion movies.

This video focuses on how to achieve the Ant-Man growing and shrinking effects.

Re: LEGO Animation Tutorial: Ant-Man Growing & Shrinking Effect

speakbroccoli wrote:

Link 1

The second tutorial in a new series of videos in which I hope to further explain how I achieved certain effects/shots in my stop motion movies.

Great tutorial. I liked the effect with the opacity. I've actually watched your video where is ant man and I never noticed the plasticine, It just looked like Ant-Man was shrinking and growing. Maybe the hand and body movements of Ant-Man helped a lot to make it look very realistic. Great job on this tutorial! mini/smile

Thanks so much,

Yeah the fear was initially that I'd draw too much attention to the plasticine by releasing this tutorial but then I thought
- what the heck - so many other brick filmmakers have shared their tips and techniques so why not give it a go.

Brotherhood Workshop does a great tutorial on Ant-Man too which I'd recommend checking out.

wifey blocks wrote:
speakbroccoli wrote:

Link 1

Great tutorial. I liked the effect with the opacity. I've actually watched your video where is ant man and I never noticed the plasticine, It just looked like Ant-Man was shrinking and growing. Maybe the hand and body movements of Ant-Man helped a lot to make it look very realistic. Great job on this tutorial! mini/smile

Really interesting tutorial. The Ant-Man film itself was also very well-made - the animation and camera movement impressed me. You do need the opacity/ghosting to make the effect work I think - it gives more of a smooth transition between the LEGO figures and plasticine models. Adding in a bit of animation (the arm swing) really helps sell the effect too! Good stuff.