Topic: Twitch (Unfinished)

Directory Link

Twitch (Unfinished)

YouTube

A man hunts for a twitch-teleporter which bends the technological physics of reality.

This film is an unfinished project I was working on from May-June 2018. Rather than picking the project back up, I decided to polish the clips I had and make a final edit with the footage I had already shot. I wanted to release this as unfinished so I could work on other film endeavours without being tied down to this unfinished project.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53039755110_db54775cd9_w.jpg

Re: Twitch (Unfinished)

Whoa...This looks great!

I've never seen the technique of using two leg parts for a "kneeling leg" like at 0:07; nice way to think outside the box. Also, I love the protagonist's design. Shows a great mixing of old and new parts to create a very distinctive character.

Everything is top-notch on this film, and it's a pity that it'll remain unfinished. Sound, set and character design, animation, and especially the lighting and effects are impressive. What gave you the idea for the effect of the transporter? It looks very digital, rough and violent. Being used to the tamer, smoother Star Trek teleport, this was shocking and original.

Color me impressed.

If this is being abandoned for future projects, I can't wait to see how a bigger project will turn out.

Great film! The VFX and the teleportation effect look really good! Too bad it wasn't finnished but I can understand your reasons. Hope you might get back to it one day mini/smile

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Whoa...This looks great!

I've never seen the technique of using two leg parts for a "kneeling leg" like at 0:07; nice way to think outside the box. Also, I love the protagonist's design. Shows a great mixing of old and new parts to create a very distinctive character.

Everything is top-notch on this film, and it's a pity that it'll remain unfinished. Sound, set and character design, animation, and especially the lighting and effects are impressive. What gave you the idea for the effect of the transporter? It looks very digital, rough and violent. Being used to the tamer, smoother Star Trek teleport, this was shocking and original.

Color me impressed.

If this is being abandoned for future projects, I can't wait to see how a bigger project will turn out.

Thank you very much! I'm surprised you haven't seen the kneeling leg technique before! Though I did source inspiration from third-party platforms. The idea for the transporter came from early conceptual ideas of the film which included high-tech society and classic science fiction films at its core. I felt the old analog tv type glitches paralleled the setting well enough to work for the visuals!

Ice Fox wrote:

Great film! The VFX and the teleportation effect look really good! Too bad it wasn't finnished but I can understand your reasons. Hope you might get back to it one day mini/smile

Thanks! I do really want to come back to it so the future is definitely a possibility!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53039755110_db54775cd9_w.jpg

I find the sound effects and suspenseful bits of music really effective there.

This is really quite great. Everything comes together perfectly.