Re: THAC XVI - Coming January 2019!

Aw yeah! THAC 16! Let's do this. I've tried to enter this contest for so long. Hopefully this is the year I submit something haha. Can't wait though. Good luck to everyone! Let's make some awesome films. mini/smile

My profile picture is deep fried lol

just wondering is there a sign up link or anything? or do you just have to be a member and upload your film then send the link via email?

There isn't any, unless they've changed it.

In order to enter the contest, you just need to be a registered member of Bricks in Motion. On the day of the contest, you'll create your film and then submit your unlisted YouTube video or password protected Vimeo video to [email protected] before the deadline.

Its back! I am planning to enter this year. mini/bigsmile

Willow Tree wrote:
Raytistic wrote:

And these 15 seconds don't have to be all in one piece, right? I mean we can break up those seconds and use them to fill in those shots that would look better without the mod element, as long as they make up maximum 15 secs of our vid?

Yes, that's right. The 15 seconds do not have to be in consecutive order.

BrickAnimator724 wrote:

I want to enter, but I don't know if I'll be available. Am I allowed to step out if I've already entered but then realize that I'm not available that weekend?

There's not a registration process for the contest, BrickAnimator. You enter by simply creating a film and submitting it via email before the deadline. You don't have to commit to entering, so if you decide to enter that's great but if you can't, that's perfectly fine.

Great, thanks for telling me.

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

Three questions.

1: Are you allowed to use something you already have built (MOC's, Minifigures, etc.)?

2: Are you allowed to use an idea you already have, if it just happens to match the theme? Not that you could have a script or anything, but something you already have the idea for?

3: How do you submit a film? I saw the earlier question, but I just want it to be clear. You upload to YouTube (or Vimeo), and email a link?

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

BrickAnimator724 wrote:

1: Are you allowed to use something you already have built (MOC's, Minifigures, etc.)?

2: Are you allowed to use an idea you already have, if it just happens to match the theme? Not that you could have a script or anything, but something you already have the idea for?

3: How do you submit a film? I saw the earlier question, but I just want it to be clear. You upload to YouTube (or Vimeo), and email a link?

Yes, you can use pre-existing sets and minifigures as well as pre-existing ideas.

When you've finished your film, you'll upload it as an unlisted YouTube video or password protected Vimeo video and send the video link to [email protected] before the deadline. (You can make the video public after the contest has ended.) There will be a Submission section in the THAC -Starts Now! thread which will explain the submission details.

I'll try to enter this year. Good luck to everyone!

Hummm, how does the time zone page works exactly?

Click the Time Zone Converter link on the announcement page. From there, click the blue button to type in your city or time zone. It will then do the conversion for you.

Nice, I can't wait for this, I hope i have time to do it!

Willow Tree wrote:
BrickAnimator724 wrote:

Yes, you can use pre-existing sets and minifigures as well as pre-existing ideas.

When you've finished your film, you'll upload it as an unlisted YouTube video or password protected Vimeo video and send the video link to [email protected] before the deadline. (You can make the video public after the contest has ended.) There will be a Submission section in the THAC -Starts Now! thread which will explain the submission details.

Ok, Thanks.

mini/twitch  mini/twitch  mini/twitch  it's back mini/dizzy mini/dizzy bring it on Thac

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

I don't get what a mod is!?:/ mini/confused mini/confused

lhuff7 wrote:

I don't get what a mod is!?:/ mini/confused mini/confused

The first post is a little bit weak on explaining this part, but a mod element is a visual element (for this THAC, either two bricks of specific colors stuck together, or a letter from the English alphabet) that is included in some parts of your film to verify for the judges that the film was created in the 24 hour time period. When the contest is announced, they will also announce which brick colors and letter to use, so when you make your film you need to put those bricks or the letter in every shot (with some leeway as stated in the rule post) to make sure you qualify.

Last edited by Squash (December 9, 2018 (01:00pm))

Excited for THAC. This will be my first year to participate mini/bigsmile

I apologize if the wording of the mod element rule is confusing. I've revised the Theme & Mod Element section.

Squash did a nice job of explaining what a mod element is. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for putting a lot of attention and thought into making this understandable, Willow Tree mini/bigsmile

Last edited by raytistic (December 10, 2018 (04:52am))

Have you ever considered doing a number mod in future contests?