Topic: Lego Monster - The Experiment

Directory Link

Lego Monster - The Experiment

YouTube

The crazy scientist finally creates his beloved monster which he names "Frankie".  He continues his experiments but strange things happens...

Re: Lego Monster - The Experiment

Hold up, was 0:55 a practical effect? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before.
Since the "liquid" didn't bounce around, was it some some of jello? That looks amazing.
Do you have some behind the scenes pictures/information on that?

Also, the scene transition from 1:38-1:39 was fantastic.

Small nit-pick, but the description says his name is "Frankie" while in the film it sounds far more like "Rodney."
The ending also slightly confused me, as we never get to see the scientist again, leaving that a hanging plot thread.

It's a great film, with fun story-telling, good humor, and really polished effects. The plot is engaging and fun, with neat foreshadowing, visual story telling, and a some entertaining "strange things" that happen.
Thanks for sharing!

Brilliant animation and funny story - with great ideas and effects - well done, I really enjoyed this mini/smile

DNAnimation

and by the way, what camera and software do you use?

DNAnimation

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Hold up, was 0:55 a practical effect? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before.
Since the "liquid" didn't bounce around, was it some some of jello? That looks amazing.
Do you have some behind the scenes pictures/information on that?

Also, the scene transition from 1:38-1:39 was fantastic.

Small nit-pick, but the description says his name is "Frankie" while in the film it sounds far more like "Rodney."
The ending also slightly confused me, as we never get to see the scientist again, leaving that a hanging plot thread.

It's a great film, with fun story-telling, good humor, and really polished effects. The plot is engaging and fun, with neat foreshadowing, visual story telling, and a some entertaining "strange things" that happen.
Thanks for sharing!

Hi my friend! In the scene with the wine the liquid I used is colored water. But in stop motion is really difficult to make water bounce because in every frame the water always returns in the same position.
The name you hear "Rodney", reminded me the "Yanni v Laurel" disagreement of last year mini/lol
Thank you very much for your comment!

legodave1 wrote:

and by the way, what camera and software do you use?

Thank you so much for your comment and support my friend! I use a Canon 1000d with manual lenses (Nikon 55 mm- f3.5). I also use Dragonframe for capturing images and Adobe premiere for editing.