Topic: Gaston's Odyssey

Directory Link

Hi everybody, mini/smile

Now better resolution here on YOUTUBE!
Or Gaston's Odyssey (wmv version).

Gaston's Odyssey lasts 25 minutes; it's an action-comedy film that talks about the adventures of an awkward guy called Gaston. It took us about 2 years to finish it. (But there were several weeks during which we completely stopped working on it...)

Enjoy!

PS: France & Alex doesn't mean Alex lives in France, but we are a couple: France is a woman's name in french...

Visit our website: www.lego-star.com

Last edited by France & Alex (April 29, 2011 (01:51am))

Re: Gaston's Odyssey

I remember watching this a while ago. It was amazing. I still can't find a flaw in the film, it's that good. mini/mrgreen

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Thank you so much for posting this again. It's one of my favourite brickfilms and didn't get nearly the coverage it deserved the first time around.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (10:03am))

OMG, that brickfilm is so mini/jaw great. Very good job.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/KalleiSkovde/HighDolphin.png?t=1277025446

Hazzat wrote:

Thank you so much for posting this again. It's one of my favourite brickfilms and didn't get nearly the coverage it deserved the first time around.

Thank YOU for liking our film and saying it! mini/wink

By the way, who was your favourite character? Gaston? His friend George? Or the bad guy?

Last edited by France & Alex (April 20, 2009 (01:40pm))

Classic!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

weird-French-fantastic storyline! the gags the inventiveness. mini/yes
the picture quality is just ok, low-res, but the look is still cool with the great sets and special effects.

oh my goodness this is a great film!! very good job!

the picture quality is just ok, low-res,

Sorry for the low resolution, but that's because of the film's length: it already weighs 83 Mo in 320x240...
With a better resolution, it would have taken about 270 Mo, which would have taken too much place on our website.

Last edited by France & Alex (April 20, 2009 (01:41pm))

Nice film, good job.

Aussi curieux que ça puisse paraitre, je crois bien que je ne l'avais jamais vu en entier.
Ce film est très agréable à regarder, l'inventivité, les petites trouvailles et autres gags font qu'on a jamais le temps de s'ennuyer, de plus les décors et l'animation sont très bons, ce qui ne gâche rien.

As curious as appear, I believe I had never seen it entirety. This film is very pleasant to look at, inventiveness, the small lucky finds and other gags make that one forever time bored, moreover sets and animation are very good, which doesn't waste anything.

Last edited by zwan (April 20, 2009 (02:29pm))

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (10:03am))

Excellent film, I really enjoyed it. And that was pretty good quality for a Quickcam 4000 I might add. Just very good overall and well thought-out. Nice job.

[Schlockading Productions] [Point of No ReturnFlight 901Flight 901.5The Brick Zone]

Awesome film I often quote it when people ask what are your favourite brick films / which ones do you think are best.

When you say this is your 'last' film. Do you mean last or latest. I am hoping it isn't going to be your last it would be a shame not to do any more.

Just a brilliant and very original brick film. Executed perfectly and thoroughly enjoyable.

When we say our 'last' film, we mean our latest film. (last and latest are the same word in French) mini/wink

We've already got other ideas for future brickfilms, but the trouble is lack of time!
We really enjoy making brickfilms, so as soon as we have more time, we'll certainly make an other one. mini/yes

I was going to add how I enjoyed the several original plot features, such as the centaurs vs. humans, the orchestra on the boat, the security cameras looking away, and the bad guy watching Little House on the Prairie. It's what made the movie work I think.

[Schlockading Productions] [Point of No ReturnFlight 901Flight 901.5The Brick Zone]

You should make another one that focuses a bit more on George. I really liked that guy and I hoped there would be more scenes with him.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Wow! mini/jaw

We've seen Gaston's odyssey has been nominated for the Bricks in Motion Awards in the categorie "Best Film"!
We really feel very proud and honored about it. mini/bigsmile

And that's not all: it's also in the Staff Favorites' directory! What an honor as well!

Thank you so much!

Don't be surprised! It's a true masterpiece. I put it on my iPhone and one of my friends watched it at lunchtime a while ago...he found it really funny  mini/smile

Oh I remember the first time I saw this. Never got round to finis seeing it and I soon forgot about it. Thank you so much for posting this back. Its ending was not expected. mini/lol

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.