Re: Kensington (TwickABros)

Well, I wasn't the one in charge of getting any voice actors to redo their lines, I was just trying to make the best of what I had.

[Schlockading Productions] [Point of No ReturnFlight 901Flight 901.5The Brick Zone]

Very impressive set design, I must say. The colors were perfect. The end seemed to ruin the film for me. I didn't realy like the narration at the end. But I got a kick out of how he could just instantly fly.

I didn't really like how he just instantly learned how to fly; I though at least there could have been a small dramatic moment where he realizes, "Oh shoot, maybe I shouldn't have done that." However, I enjoyed the majority of the film (especially my part mini/wink ), and I'll probably be watching it several times again.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

I think the film was good overall,a very "feel-good" kind of film. The film did seem to race by at some points, particularly the ending.I didn't even realise he was flying for a while until the narrator said it.The animation was above-average and the voice acting was wonderful.I found the score quite...moving in a way.The effects were good,especially the Fairy effect, yet the chroma keying was flawed at some points.

I quite liked this film,it's something that would be regarded as something to cheer you up,and make you feel good.

8.2/10

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Excellent score! mini/jaw Everybody seems to have covered all the bases with regards to the very short ending. It had pretty good voice acting, but the sound levels were to jumpy. Overall a good little film, but not in the realm of Unrenewable

GET DA BOOM MICROPHONE OUT OV MA FAAAACCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to finally see this film. I did the keying for this project.

Overall I think this film turned out well. Nice job.

Drew

Call me Andrew or Drew.

Lots of comments on the lighting which I didnt think was very good. Yeah it was dark and moody but you couldn't see anything. You can light it to be dark and still show detail (lighting 101). Even the street shots were very gloomy. Opening shot had the centre house glowing compared to the others. Maybe that was the effect you were going for? But it didn't work for me. I couldn't tell if it was an overcast day or twlight. The music was enjoyable, but there was times when it picked up pace, but for no reason.
It was a brilliant film technically but as story it was kinda flat. Don't keep as waiting so long for your next film. Good stuff.

Scoff! The whole point of this film is pretty much, a boy who is gloomy and then escapes to Never Never Land. The film is supposed to be gloomy, if Peter was happy, then why would he leave? mini/confused

brick4brains wrote:

The music was enjoyable, but there was times when it picked up pace, but for no reason.

I don't quite understand what you mean. Could you give me an example?

Last edited by Schlockading (March 30, 2009 (09:24pm))

[Schlockading Productions] [Point of No ReturnFlight 901Flight 901.5The Brick Zone]

Schlockading wrote:

I don't quite understand what you mean. Could you give me an example?

I watched it all again this time with the Quicktime version and it was quite a different experience. Maybe the timing has something to do with sync with the YouTube version? The bright building ended up being it had white bricks instead of grey. Much easier to see in the higher quality Quicktime version. So it was obviously a design decision. The moody tones throughout were probably due to your camera (too saturated for my taste even on the pretty island).
But there was one obvious error I noticed when watching it again. You spelt Smeagol's real name wrong in the 2nd credit.

Awesome movie. As soon as the boy said "I'll never grow up!" I expected him to be Peter Pan. (That and his name mini/tongue)
Most people have already pointed out the bad things, but I'm not really in a position to point them out anyway. Still waiting for my cam so I can start filming.

That was pretty good. I liked it.

This is a really good film! good work! mini/smile

I especially liked the sets of Big Ben and the house exterior at the beginning.

MicktheDirector wrote:

This is a really good film! good work! mini/smile

I especially liked the sets of Big Ben and the house exterior at the beginning.

He only made the music, the maker TwickABros doesn't go to this site, so he posted it as he wanted feedback on his score.

_2014

Such a great film.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon