Topic: STAR Trailer Contest [CLOSED]

For those of you entering the STAR contest, there is a STAR trailer contest as well.  The goal in this contest is to create a compelling trailer for your STAR film.  The guidelines for this should be fairly simple:

Rules

1) The trailer must contain at least some actual stop-motion footage.  You can shoot footage specifically for the trailer if you like, or it may be footage out of your film.

2) The same copyright restrictions that apply for the STAR contest apply for this trailer contest.

3) In order for your entry to qualify, you must also enter a complete, corresponding film in the STAR contest itself.  If a trailer does not have a corresponding film, it will be disqualified.

Submitting your trailer

To submit your trailer, send a private message to me (Sméagol) with the subject "STAR Trailer Contest, '[Film Title]'" and a working YouTube (or any other readily viewable) link between July 17 at 8:00AM GMT and July 19 8:00AM GMT.  You may also post your trailer publicly on the internet and in the releases forum during this time window, or any time afterward.  (Use the directory's submit trailer option to do so.)

Results

The winner was The Frozen Brick for his trailer to Time Police.  Congratulations!

Prize

The winner of the STAR Trailer Contest will receive a BiM T-shirt, in the color and size of his/her choice.  (Blue or brown; exact specifications may depend on availability.)

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Re: STAR Trailer Contest [CLOSED]

Nice! Working on a trailer now!

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

sahweet!! i hope i can get mine done in time! i love this idea smeagol! this whole contest is going to be a milestone experience for many brickfilmers if i do say so myself!

-flip

HaHA, I've made my own trailer music using Soundtrack. Sounds awesome. Now to film some of the movie...

Better get to work on mine!

i have music now i need more footage...

-flip

i didn't know making a trailer could be so fast.

mini/yes

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

the frozen brick wrote:

mini/yes

Don't rush it, make it as epic as you can. That's what I'm doing. mini/wink

Please can I release a trailer now or is it too soon?
To give it time, a chance to be seen.
What is the point in releasing a trailer a week before the film?

Robukka wrote:

What is the point in releasing a trailer a week before the film?

Smeagol wrote:

Submitting your trailer

To submit your trailer, send a private message to me (Sméagol) with the subject "STAR Trailer Contest, '[Film Title]'" and a working YouTube (or any other readily viewable) link between July 17 at 8:00AM GMT and July 19 8:00AM GMT.  You may also post your trailer publicly in the releases forum during this time window, or any time afterward.  (Use the directory's submit trailer option to do so.)

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

one question smeagol: i will be away from the 15-19 but i really want to enter in this trailer contest! i was wondering if i could just PM my link to you on the 14 or later in the day on the 19? i hope that is alright :S

-flip

same am i allowed to give you my trailer and movie before the 10th please as i am going away on the 10th for 13 days so please

TIME TOUR: FINISHED!

frozen brick, I don't think that really answers his question.  Robukka, the reason for this timing is that I didn't want people to make trailers for movies they're not going to finish - by a week before the deadline they should have a pretty good idea of whether or not they'll make it.  In past trailer contests, we've had things like several of the top voted trailers being disqualified.

If you simply cannot submit your trailer during that time window, you can get it to me privately ahead of time, yes.  In fact, Darkman uploaded his trailer to YouTube and gave me the info for his account so I could make it public at the appropriate time.  So if you like you can do that (feel free to change the password afterward mini/wink ) or just send me a download link that can't be found publicly and I'll include it in the voting thread.  Then you can upload your video to YouTube or whatever once you get back.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

the reason for this timing is that I didn't want people to make trailers for movies they're not going to finish

I was actually considering, pondering doing just that. mini/XD
Or at, least along the lines of "shoot footage specifically for the trailer if you like, or it may be footage out of your film."

Actually I would like to have a reaction to frames of other toys plastic. http://www.hama.dk/

Last edited by Robukka (July 5, 2009 (03:52am))

filmyguy wrote:
the frozen brick wrote:

:yes:

Don't rush it, make it as epic as you can. That's what I'm doing. ;)

Well, I had to, since I am away from home(and m compputer) from yesterday and until the 18th.

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

hhmm i think i will do just what you said Smeagol...i might be able to get it in the 19th but i dont want to take any chances.

-flip

if i make a trailer could i put it on media fire and then send you the link or is that public

TIME TOUR: FINISHED!

You can make the link private I think.

Is it absolutely necessary that a trailer be released?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0a6ec04f4d.jpg

No you don't have to make a trailer for your STAR film if you don't want to.