Re: Weed Cops - THAC 6

What a whacky film. Visuals and technical aspects were very good, and fitting to the period. Colin Boyle does a great voice acting job as well as Krick, even though it was difficult to hear his lines, like in the car scene.

I like the subtle camera shakes.

I enjoyed it mini/smile

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/3140557244_9e281a778c_o.jpg

Loved the plot and the voices but the there wasn't very much animation in it.. mini/blankexpression

New films-
The New Neighbor
Solanum
Casting Call for Solanum started!

Very original idea, shame there wasn't a bit more volume on the quite voice actors lines I was struggling to hear what was said sometimes.

I really enjoyed this film, i don't think anyone has used a similar idea and isn't to much in your face with the theme.

_2014

I love how one of the only swears you didn't bleep was the one that caused the most offense. I don't know about this film. It didn't seem to fit your usual standards, and even though most people might find it awesome, I personally do not.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

To be honest, I've never seen myself as having any obligation to censor things like "damn" or "Jesus Christ". I understand if some kids don't want to hear the f-word, but blasphemy is a matter of religious preference.

Man up, Littlebrick.

Krick wrote:

Man up, Littlebrick.

Let me see; man up, or keep my morales straight. I think I'll take the latter. But don't mind me, guys. Keep on reviewing the film.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra

I think you mean "morals". And I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I don't think that the fact that they're your moral values makes them somehow impervious to change or criticism. I mean, have you ever thought why you find certain words to be offensive, for example, or if exposing yourself to them actually harms you?

The movie didn't really offend me, I just thought it wasn't very good.

Night Owl wrote:

I think you mean "morals". And I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I don't think that the fact that they're your moral values makes them somehow impervious to change or criticism. I mean, have you ever thought why you find certain words to be offensive, for example, or if exposing yourself to them actually harms you?

If I changed my morals and didn't mind hearing people swear around me, I might unconsciously start swearing too. I don't want to bring religion into this, so I'll just say that if I started swearing, I'd feel dirty.

So you surround yourself only with people who think and act exactly the way you do, and hold your exact opinions and values?

That kinda sounds like a cult.

Krick wrote:

So you surround yourself only with people who think and act exactly the way you do, and hold your exact opinions and values?

No.

It's honorable to have morals, it's wrong to dislike him for that. Please don't let this thread become a flame war.

I think Krick jumped to a conclusion, but I don't think it's wrong to question the beliefs of others or even to dislike them for it (though that's not the case here). Let's get back ontopic.

Very good. You need to do more stuff like this. Also, if I knew you were going to make something like THIS I would definetly have voice acted in it. mini/sad

that was a great film hell yeah mini/bigsmile

Project Secret

I liked the music and credit effects.

You need to make a longer, more full-fledged Weed Cops... That would be awesome.

People won't be people when they hear this sound.

Eh, I guess it just wasn't my type of film, I didn't enjoy it much. For me, it felt like a comedy without the jokes. Like it tried to be funny, but missed all it's chances. Even the visuals didn't keep me interested. As for the story, the premise was interesting (although I feel like the crooked cop thing has been done before, you at least tried to make it seem cheesy), but it never really developed. I think you've done better, or at least done films I enjoyed more.
I suppose I shouldn't be one to talk though, my film wasn't exactly Oscar material either.

You have to keep in mind this was not something that was thought out and brainstormed over a long period of time. This arguably is as good as some of Night Owl's other films that he did not make in 16 hours. I think the overall product to time period ratio is very good for this film. Although some people may be offended by all the cursing and what have you, you have to give Nikolas props on this because the purpose of the film was to be like that. This is way different than throwing in random curse words or sex scenes, etc. just for the heck of it. It is contributing to the mood and purpose of the film.

Last edited by Schlockading (January 7, 2009 (07:27pm))

[Schlockading Productions] [Point of No ReturnFlight 901Flight 901.5The Brick Zone]