Topic: STAR: Time and Space

Directory Link

Time and Space

YouTube

This is an entry for the STAR Contest on BricksinMotion.com.

Re: STAR: Time and Space

That was great. I loved it at the premiere, although the blood wasn't very realistic, but that's hard to pull off. Great animation. The bad greenscreening made it look more cool. mini/tongue

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Just Kidden wrote:

That was great. I loved it at the premiere, although the blood wasn't very realistic, but that's hard to pull off. Great animation. The bad greenscreening made it look more cool. mini/tongue

Yeah, I was thinking a while on what I was going to use to do the blood. Liquid? LEGO? Those weren't very good options, so I needed something quick when I was about to film, so I decided on clay. Glad you liked the rest out it though, and thanks!

Very interesting. So the dead guy was him.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Dude,that was beautiful.
The greenscreening was a bit dodgy,the small amount of voice acting was good.The score really made the film though.I also quite likled the blood,actually.I was reminded of Stanley Kubrick's 2001 while watching this. mini/tongue

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Just_a_Minifig wrote:

I was reminded of Stanley Kubrick's 2001 while watching this. mini/tongue

I'm going to hang that quote up on my wall.

Just_a_Minifig wrote:

the small amount of voice acting was good.

Yeess, I wanted to keep it as quiet and lonely as possible, and I didn't want to have to wait for voice actors.:P

Just_a_Minifig wrote:

The score really made the film though.

Mixing the music was fun, they had a lot of great stuff to chose from in Soundtrack (my program), I was very lucky for that.

Just_a_Minifig wrote:

I also quite likled the blood,actually.

@Just Kidden: mini/tongue

Glad you liked it, man. mini/bigsmile

Thanks, guys. mini/smile

Wow, that was creepy, really hard to pull that off in a brickfilm. I once had a nightmare like that, except there was this strange woman saying: "LEON HAS DIED. GET OUT! GET OUT!!" But, i only know one person called leon, and no offence to him, but we might be good friends but he's not that important. mini/XD Any way, back on topic, great film, and i loved the moon set, it was really cool. mini/tongue I hope to become half as good as you one day.

I really wish that you had just used a solid black background like 2001 instead of greenscreening and the stars. However, I still really liked this; it had this sort of creeping feeling of horror that was incredibly effective.

The protagonist had a box around him due to bad green screen, I tried to accept that he was encased in a glass box because that would be cooler. This is my favorite film from the competition only because how surreal it is. Good job.

Last edited by Droid (July 28, 2009 (06:38am))

You misspelled "accept".

Night Owl wrote:

You misspelled "accept".

I blame the English dictionary.

I blame society.

I blame the communists mini/blankexpression

@ filmyguy: Great movie!  The lack of voice acting really added to the ominous and creepy feeling of the film, i really liked the trailer also.

btw: who ended up winning the trailer contest? (i missed the premiere)

If I'm on the forums, I'm probably waiting for Blender to finish rendering.

The frozen brick with his trailer for Time Police.

This film is awesome. When he

Spoiler (click to read)

comes across his own blood again

there's a great moment where you suddenly realise what has happened.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Wow.

Brilliant.  A rarity among brickfilms.

I suggest a redux, reshoot those greenscreen scenes with a better set up and keying.  It make for a more appealing film.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

Very nice horror atmosphere. Quite frightening actually. My only complaint is the greenscreen, although when I first saw the box in the space scene I thought he was frozen in ice, which would be kind of cool (no pun intended). Anyway, great work.

Squash wrote:

Very nice horror atmosphere. Quite frightening actually. My only complaint is the greenscreen, although when I first saw the box in the space scene I thought he was frozen in ice, which would be kind of cool (no pun intended). Anyway, great work.

Yeah, that scene was very rushed. By the time I'd finished filming that scene it was four days til the deadline, so it was very hard for me and T-G.Tom to get it perfect with that limited time. I do plan on filming that scene again though for the remastered version. I'm glad you still liked it though. I had some people over at my house and I showed them the film, I'm not sure that they liked it because they said it was so scary, and I was kind bummed about that. But then I realized that I should be proud that people thought it was frightening! I don't think I've ever really seen a genuinely scary brickfilm. That made me feel a lot better. mini/mrgreen

Impressive the sparse look of few elements. Even the crude effects specials I find charming.
The tone is sad. Is nightmarish, though not very engaging or energetic is still memorable haunting.

This I remember vividly from the STAR festival. Now I watched it again with "U2 - Unknown Caller" for soundtrack. mini/sunnies