Topic: Failed THAC Entry "The New Noose"

Wow, this is so funny, I finished this film 8 MINUTES before the deadline, I start the compressing it and it compresses for 40 minutes.
Oh well, maybe next year I'll get it done faster. I can't wait to check out the films that were finished! mini/bigsmile Don't have time right now, must sleep.
Enjoy my weird entry! mini/mrgreen
Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/filmy … centry.mov
YouTube: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7gb8IIO_Gcg
Vimeo: (coming soon)

Also, I forgot to mention in the credits, my brother was the one who made the incredibly detailed miniature noose. mini/bigsmile

Last edited by filmyguy (January 4, 2009 (04:40pm))

Re: Failed THAC Entry "The New Noose"

Oh my, that was extremly well animated for less than 24 hours. Too bad you couldn't make it on time.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

HOLY CRAP.

This is probably my favorite THAC 6 entry by far. Your animation is freaking amazing, I'm just so wowed. I don't think I'll ever stop writing compliments... OK I'm done.

Last edited by VN (January 4, 2009 (01:36pm))

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

WOW! That was completely amazing Filmyguy!

This is the best animation in THAC 6 I think.

-Antifaan

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Antifaan/KISS/kiss_banner_2.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind, you guys probably already knew.

Last edited by Filip (January 4, 2009 (01:58pm))

Here is my new one.

Sean that was awesome. I love your animation style, the way you use the pauses to break up the actions into sequences really creates a unique rhythm. It's really enjoyable to watch.

The scene where he destroyed the crate reminded me of MindGames "The Right to Bear Arms".

Here is my new one.

Holy smoke. That was eerily awesome!

It's too bad this didn't make the deadline. I can imagine this being a high contender. But oh well, no need to look on the bad side. Better luck next time!

The Heaven System
Watch it now!

I'm quite surprised that this went over so well, makes me wish I started earlier to work on this film to get it out on time. mini/sad It's cool though.
By the way, I believe on the whole, the animation on this film all took about 10 hours. Needless to say, I was exhausted afterward. It took great strength in me to edit what I edited. mini/eek
Also I just want to say, I'm glad you guys liked the animation I did, that was a big thing I was focusing on.
I still wish it didn't have so many light flickers though, the light I was using was not the best. mini/madhead

But anyway, I absolutely love all of the THAC entries (and I mean ALL). I watched all of them last night and this morning. Awesome work, guys.
I'm definitely going to enter the next THAC, and hope you all do too.

Thanks, everyone! mini/bigsmile

Entry or not, we are all richer for the experience, thanks so much.
I liked how he grabs the wallet and money. Brickfilms are great for visual tricks.

Check out "The Bulls New Caravan" my THAC 6 entry or visit the Bodville website.

I liked the animation a lot, though I think some of the pauses were a bit too long, though I do like the concept of including them. It's an often overlooked part of brickfilming. I didn't care much for the plot as a whole, but I really liked the part where he's walloping around, as well as the last line.

''I new he had more than 20 buks'':lol:

Project Secret

Great.

My only gripe was the background. It distracted me a little.

This would have been a top contender, maybe even a winner. But it may still get a BAFA anyways.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

I love when he starts to laugh while wacking the box with a hammer, and then starts freaking out and doing backflips-------------------

Lamp Light Studios.