Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

My favorite episode so far has to be Magic Duel. Damn that one was seriously well done in my option. Loved the whole

Spoiler (click to read)

Dictator Trixie

in that one, and some of the animation used was great. Also

Spoiler (click to read)

nice to see that Trixie and Twilight were good now, but as Just Kidden said, there isn't much time in a episode to cover everything, so we couldn't get to see Trixie get back into normal life.

Still, my personal Fav. mini/cat

Sleepless In Ponyville was great in how Scootaloo had an episode to herself, and

Spoiler (click to read)

Rainbow Dash taking her as her mentor

must have made many fandom dreams come true. And the slapstick, nice.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/12/k … opsis.html

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHA
WHAAAT

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

GUYS...

Look who's the newest registered user right now.
I wonder if it's the same MandoPony that we know of.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Yep. That's him. Sean (Brickhead) is actually a pretty popular artist in the pony fandom (actually does a ton of stuff for Everfree Radio), and recently he collaborated with Mando on his THAC entry.

That's what's goin' on dawg

Wow, I didn't know that about Sean. Nice.

And on the recent episode, Spike at Your Service, did anyone noticed Twilight when Applejack told her about Spike serving her for now on? The animation for her worried face was brilliant with her expressions. That just stood out to me this episode.

Also, CGI Timberwolves. *Not Bad*

CGI! IT'S A LIE! CGI! IT'S A LIE!

Well, I usually don't like spike episodes much. I think that this is the least great of the season thus far. Still okay, it's just predictable and not as fun as the others and Spike needs improvement.
But this did have some really great Applejack. I think that I like AJ at least twice as more than I did before.

I just don't think Merriweather Williams has done a good job of writing for MLP in general. Pretty much all the episodes at the bottom of my mental ranking list have been written by her...

• The Mysterious Mare Do Well
• Hearth's Warming Eve
• Putting Your Hoof Down (slightly better, but the story was by Charlotte Fullerton)
• Dragon Quest
• Wonderbolts Academy
• Spike at Your Service

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Eh, I don't understand why people didn't enjoy Wonderbolts Academy. I thought it was one of the better episodes this season. Gave Rainbow Dash a little more dimension, had some fun action sequences. I guess the climax was a little lackluster.

That said, I thought Magic Duel was pretty weak, so I guess my opinions differ somewhat from the majority.

Squash wrote:

Eh, I don't understand why people didn't enjoy Wonderbolts Academy. I thought it was one of the better episodes this season.

I liked it for the most part except for the complete change in Spitfire. That took everything we know about her personality and just threw it out the window.

Besides that though, it really was a good episode. Especially for RD.

I'd agree that MW isn't one of the best writers and usually makes some of the less good episodes, but I did like Hearth's Warming Eve and putting your Hoof down as well as WB Academy besides a few details.

And Dragon Quest has Crackle, it's not a really great episode, but Crackle totally redeems it. We need him back.

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:
Squash wrote:

Eh, I don't understand why people didn't enjoy Wonderbolts Academy. I thought it was one of the better episodes this season.

I liked it for the most part except for the complete change in Spitfire. That took everything we know about her personality and just threw it out the window.

Besides that though, it really was a good episode. Especially for RD.

I'd agree that MW isn't one of the best writers and usually makes some of the less good episodes, but I did like Hearth's Warming Eve and putting your Hoof down as well as WB Academy besides a few details.

And Dragon Quest has Crackle, it's not a really great episode, but Crackle totally redeems it. We need him back.

I have to disagree with your point of throwing away everything we know of Spitfire's personality. Considering that she is head of a military-style academy, it makes sense for her to be commanding and in-your-face, instead of nice and celebrity like when she was at the Gala. It's her way of showing that she's not going to take any rubbish from the new recruits.

All my favorite episodes this season have been CMC episodes.

But also I'm biased so

Since we're talking about writers, I'll post a list of writers from who I like the most to who I like the least:

M. A. Larson
(Swarm of the Century, Sonic Rainboom, The Cutie Mark Chronicles, The Return of Harmony, Luna Eclipsed, The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, It's About Time, Ponyville Confidential, Magic Duel)
Dave Polsky
(Feeling Pinkie Keen, Over a Barrel, Too Many Pinkie Pies)
Amy Keating Rogers
(The Ticket Master, Applebuck Season, Bridle Gossip, Fall Weather Friends, A Dog and Pony Show, The Best Night Ever, The Cutie Pox, The Last Roundup, A Friend in Deed, MMMystery on the Friendship Express)
Meghan McCarthy
(Dragonshy, Call of the Cutie, Green Isn't Your Color, Party of One, Lesson Zero, Sweet and Elite, Hearts and Hooves Day, A Canterlot Wedding, The Crystal Empire)
Chris Savino
(Boast Busters, Stare Master)
Corey Powell
(Sleepless in Ponyvile)
Charlotte Fullerton
(Look Before You Sleep, Suited For Success, A Bird in the Hoof, May the Best Pet Win!, Baby Cakes)
Cindy Morrow
(Griffon the Brush Off, Winter Wrap Up, The Show Stoppers, Owl's Well That Ends Well, Sisterhooves Social, Family Appreciation Day, Read It and Weep, Hurricane Fluttershy, One Bad Apple, Apple Family Reunion)
Lauren Faust
(Friendship is Magic, The Ticket Master)
Merriwether Williams
(The Mysterious Mare Do Well, Hearth's Warming Eve, Putting Your Hoof Down, Dragon Quest, Wonderbolts Academy, Spike at Your Service)

Last edited by minifig051 (January 27, 2013 (01:46pm))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Just Kidden wrote:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHA
WHAAAT

Holy crap you guys. You all don't realize how excited I am for this episode.

It's a Fluttershy episode. With Discord. I'm really pumped.

Chris W. wrote:
Just Kidden wrote:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHA
WHAAAT

Holy crap you guys. You all don't realize how excited I am for this episode.

It's a Fluttershy episode. With Discord. I'm really pumped.

Four days, guys.
This looks like it's going to be good.
I just hope that the Hub doesn't release any more spoiler clips. Please just no.

Lucky Americans, with their Hub. We dutchies have to watch it on the internet (or in Dutch, but the voices kinda suck mini/tongue and it's probably the only thing that I even bother to put on the TV on for) and pray that it doesn't get removed.

Sounds exciting. I've been really liking season 3 so far.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Keesret wrote:

Lucky Americans, with their Hub. We dutchies have to watch it on the internet (or in Dutch, but the voices kinda suck mini/tongue and it's probably the only thing that I even bother to put on the TV on for) and pray that it doesn't get removed.

Yup, so do us Singaporeans. But nothing to complain about, at least we can pause it when we want. mini/wink

I am really excited for this upcoming episode. Just please, no more leaking of episodes! mini/blankexpression

I'm pretty excited for this episode. [fluttershy]

I'm intrigued to know what's to come of Meghan McCarthy's tweet a couple of days ago...

Spoiler (click to read)

"John de Lancie delivers a line in [the episode] so perfectly that it may cause the Internet to explode".

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

The Hub has released a promotion calling the season finale "Princess Coronation"
It's not a spoiler, really, since episode titles are usually known before the episode airs.

Apparently, it has something to do with Twilight's "True destiny" which they been hinting in the premire and other promotions.

A bunch of people are afraid that she's going to become an alicorn and it's going to completely ruin the show forever.
Hehe

It's written by M.A. Larson, so I have no doubt we'll have a fabulous episode.
If Twilight becomes a princess as most seem to guess, this could change little. Canence is an alicorn, but she's not really that different from other ponies.
Twilight may be offered the crown, but decline to stay with her friends in ponyville if it would somehow create a problem with that.
Somepony else may get crowned in the episode, Twilight's destiny could be related, but not involve her getting crowned.

There are plenty of possibilities, so until the episode comes out, just keep calm.

>> Reformed Discord made princess.
>> One Million Moms boycotts MLP.
>> Hasbro breaks under the pressure and sells MLP to Mattel.
>> ???
>> Season 4 of My Little Barbie begins August 2013.