Re: [THAC 9] AL ALZAR DE LO!!

You never disappoint me Max. mini/tongue

MPfist0 wrote:

Minifig, actually "random" is translated with "Azar". Alzar, has an "L", it's more like elevate/raise.

Oh, it seems I skipped over the "L" when reading the word.

So then it means "at rasied of it"?  "it is of raised"?  "it is raised"?

Funny how my mistranslation made the title fit the video.

Last edited by minifig051 (December 21, 2011 (03:23pm))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

I vaguely remember the English version of the title being something to do with a 'Random Show' before I translated it. I might have even added a few letters just because it sounded funnier.

I honestly cannot remember. I guess its one of life's many unanswered questions....

(In other news: this is the first time one of my video topics has actually gone onto another page!)

YouTube
Max, She/They

Huh.  So my original translation was what it was meant to be.

Since you said you added letters, maybe you switched the words around as well.  In Google Translator, nothing I entered came out to "al azar de lo".  That leads me to think you entered the words seperately.  "Of randomness" translates to "de azar".  You could've been trying to say _____ Of Randomness.  Then, you wanted to say "It is at Random".  Translating each word seperately, "it is" didn't become "es", but "lo" and "es" instead.  "Al azar", as we know, means "at random".  You could've combined those words to form "al azar de lo", then added the extra "L" to "azar" (maybe by accident), making it "al alzar de lo".

Last edited by minifig051 (December 21, 2011 (04:55pm))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

I can`t spanish so I understood everything Chewbacca said...... wait.

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

While I don't know if I actually liked or enjoyed this, I thought it was an interesting interpretation of the theme, or lack thereof.

minifig051 wrote:

Huh.  So my original translation was what it was meant to be.

Since you said you added letters, maybe you switched the words around as well.  In Google Translator, nothing I entered came out to "al azar de lo".  That leads me to think you entered the words seperately.  "Of randomness" translates to "de azar".  You could've been trying to say _____ Of Randomness.  Then, you wanted to say "It is at Random".  Translating each word seperately, "it is" didn't become "es", but "lo" and "es" instead.  "Al azar", as we know, means "at random".  You could've combined those words to form "al azar de lo", then added the extra "L" to "azar" (maybe by accident), making it "al alzar de lo".

Well, I don't think it's strictly necessary to know the meaning of the title or to know where the title came from to understand this movie. I don't even think this movie has to be understood at all. It wouldn't be funny.

Indeed. Hence why I didn't add subtitles...

YouTube
Max, She/They

... LOL can't stop laughing mini/lol ! Awesome! mini/bigsmile

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t408/Rogeralans/LOGOsigOfficial_zpscdbbba00.png