Re: You Know You're a Brickfilmer When...

Briks wrote:

8. Your heart stops for a second when a girl asks you about your interests.

nope, don't have a heart....

26. when you email a number of friends to have them look at your scripts and you have to state which will be done in live action and what will be done in stop motion

27. when you are the only one at Tafe who's youtube channel consists of small plastic bricks.

Chris W. wrote:

26. You feel like a boss when someone says, "Oh, I could NEVER do stop motion, it'd be too hard and time consuming!"

This is beyond true.
28. When you have to explain to your friends why you're excited to receive a lamp you just bought online...

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

jstudios wrote:

28. When you have to explain to your friends why you're excited to receive a lamp you just bought online...

True as.

29. when you spend 2 hours a night working up a sweat in a room with two lamps as the only source of light in it, not turning the fan on because "it effects lighting."

30. You end up writing scripts and drawing story-boards in a boring class.

31. You hate Forrestfire101

buikes wrote:

I don't understand how this is one... nor do I understand why a lot of people dislikes him.

32. You don't use your webcam for video-chatting/Skyping.

Repelling Spider wrote:

32. You don't use your webcam for video-chatting/Skyping.

Nu-uh. mini/no

33. You are continually going into your animating room to check on your Lego.

buikes wrote:

Buikes is kinda right, I think most of the hatred for Forrest comes because let's be honest his brickfilms are far from good and he receives way too much attention for them. I know at least 40 brickfilmers who deserve way more attention than Forrest. But again, it's not really Forrest's fault that he's popular, it's the new generation which is apparently quite dumb, it eats up brickfilms that are full of vulgarity.

34. you finish your brickfilm, take a look at it and no matter how much time and effort you've spent on it you still think "I could've done better!"

LarryStudios wrote:
buikes wrote:

Buikes is kinda right, I think most of the hatred for Forrest comes because let's be honest his brickfilms are far from good and he receives way too much attention for them. I know at least 40 brickfilmers who deserve way more attention than Forrest. But again, it's not really Forrest's fault that he's popular, it's the new generation which is apparently quite dumb, it eats up brickfilms that are full of vulgarity.

I agree that most of his films (the few that I've seen) are not that great and are stuffed full of violent and horrendous overkill (pun semi-intended). However, he is a fairly good animator. Or he is now at least.

Maybe I made a mistake in posting that please continue on topic.

35. It's your 18th birthday and the present your most excited about is a single LEGO Minifigure.
36. You practically wet your pants with excitement every time you see stop motion used in popular media.

37. When watching Wallace and Gromit with your friends they get annoyed because you keep pointing out the set bumps and light flicker.

38. When watching Wallace and Gromit turns into a long speech about how it was made.
39. When you're the only one of your friends that wants to watch the "Behind The Scenes" extra from Wallace and Gromit.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

40. you can spend weeks animating with just a few seconds of animation to show for it. and your still happy with it mini/delirium

41. You take plastic bricks and animate them stop-motion-style and post the videos on the internet for people to comment on.

Jargon wrote:

41. You take plastic bricks and animate them stop-motion-style and post the videos on the internet for people to comment on.

Really? That's not what I'm used to mini/confused

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

42. You complete your magnum opus and realise that its actually mediocre. So you try again, but your still not happy. Then you say "screw this, I'm going to live action", but then you realise you've been spoilt by the freedom given to you by Brickfilming, so you come back to it only to realise that its a profession that will not get you anywhere because you dont have a job and if you try to earn money for your hard work that you want to share with the world then you get branded as a sell-out and then no-one will ever take you seriously again, then your school life begins to take over and your views drop because everyone expects you to have a new Brickfilm out every half-hour even though you have exams and crap and you want to make a ton of Brickfilms because you have millions of ideas floating round in your head, but then when you finally get the school work over with suddenly you have no ideas and when you FINALLY come up with something original YouTube KEEPS MESSING THE BLOODY COLOURS UP and your unable to reach the Easter contest deadline because THE WORLD HATES YOU AND WANTS YOU TO DIE!!

Oh, but of course...um...I've never thought this...no....never......

YouTube
Max, She/They

43. When you buy a very expensive camera instead of Hollister tee-shirts.

Max Butcher wrote:

42. You complete your magnum opus and realise that its actually mediocre. So you try again, but your still not happy. Then you say "screw this, I'm going to live action", but then you realise you've been spoilt by the freedom given to you by Brickfilming, so you come back to it only to realise that its a profession that will not get you anywhere because you dont have a job and if you try to earn money for your hard work that you want to share with the world then you get branded as a sell-out and then no-one will ever take you seriously again, then your school life begins to take over and your views drop because everyone expects you to have a new Brickfilm out every half-hour even though you have exams and crap and you want to make a ton of Brickfilms because you have millions of ideas floating round in your head, but then when you finally get the school work over with suddenly you have no ideas and when you FINALLY come up with something original YouTube KEEPS MESSING THE BLOODY COLOURS UP and your unable to reach the Easter contest deadline because THE WORLD HATES YOU AND WANTS YOU TO DIE!!

Oh, but of course...um...I've never thought this...no....never......

Oooh-kaaay...

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

44. You're the only one that's concerned that the stop-motion animation on the school's Morning Show is choppy.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.