Topic: Things you don't want to see in a brickfilm.

Basically post things you are sick of/dont care for in a brickfilm.

1.Unoriginal videos like Lego Star Wars Indiana jones...
2.Videos when a lego guy is in real life trying to do something. (Like no set just a room) (I do love The Desktop though)

Re: Things you don't want to see in a brickfilm.

3. Violence for the sake of violence. The violence in so many brickifilms come across to me as a little kid shouting: "lol, killing people is kewl, right?! right?!". This usually happens in the aforementioned 'Starwars/Indiana Jones/Batman brickfilms.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Duke Boy wrote:

3. Violence for the sake of violence. The violence in so many brickifilms come across to me as a little kid shouting: "lol, killing people is kewl, right?! right?!". This usually happens in the aforementioned 'Starwars/Indiana Jones/Batman brickfilms.

This brings up an interesting point. I've also noticed just how many Brickfilms involve violence. I've also noticed that so many new filmers and younger people on this site are completely focused on action and violence in their shorts. This isn't to say that some nice action isn't good, because if used correctly it's great.

4. (Like the violence) Swearing for the sake of swearing. I hate it when people just swear because they think it's funny to throw the F word in anywhere. I do get it that sometimes swearing does fit in the movie and could make it better.

In my opinion swearing does nothing to make a brickfilm better.

"Doc seriously, do that one more time without warning me first and I'll flip this examination table and roundhouse kick you in the face." - Adam young

Repelling Spider wrote:
Duke Boy wrote:

This brings up an interesting point. I've also noticed just how many Brickfilms involve violence. I've also noticed that so many new filmers and younger people on this site are completely focused on action and violence in their shorts. This isn't to say that some nice action isn't good, because if used correctly it's great.

Right, violence can be used to be cool, or for 'da lulz' if it's used correctly. But most of the time it seems immature, or overly brutal. For instance I recently watched a commonly generic Star Wars brickfilm where two stormtroopers play a "prank" on Vader. One of them starts hitting Vader with a metal pipe, and blood spatters all over the floor. The other stormtrooper looks on in horror as his fellow stormtrooper pulls out a gun and shoots Vader. This sort of setup could be humorous, but it was done wrong. The violence wasn't funny, it was bloody and cringe worthy. And the other stormtroopers reaction isn't funny, because all he did was stand there and vomit. All of this made a already boring and generic brickfilm just unpleasant, something I don't think the creator was going for (maybe he was, I don't know). A better example of violence being funny in a recent brickfilm is Zach FB's Ninja Dare. But yeah, i've probably been going on about this for too long so, i'll stop now.

Rusty wrote:

In my opinion swearing does nothing to make a brickfilm better.

In most cases yes. But in my opinion, swearing/language/cursing/idon'tknow is a literary tool to be used very sparingly, and only at the proper times.

Last edited by Duke Boy (April 4, 2012 (07:08am))

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

People commenting on really good creative brickfilms saying, "Wow, you are almost as good as forrestfire101!!!"  mini/madhead

Last edited by RedBrick1 (April 4, 2012 (07:21am))

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Repelling Spider wrote:
Duke Boy wrote:

The violence comes from all the media just promoting violence! Kids are being pumped up with it while listening to I-Pods, watching TV and movies, and even just YouTube videos. It's sad... mini/sad

Batman killing Robin, and other overused ideas.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

PONIES

no wait I actually DO want to see ponies, sorry

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

7. I hate the over use of Incompetech's music. I understand it's a site giving you access to music free from copyright, however there are large varieties of songs on the site yet people seem to use the same repetitive song.

Larmz wrote:

7. I hate the over use of Incompetech's music. I understand it's a site giving you access to music free from copyright, however there are large varieties of songs on the site yet people seem to use the same repetitive song.

That's why I keep on suggesting everyone to check out Jamendo yet it seems like everyone's still going to Incompetech. Even I came back there for a few videos mini/bigsmile

Some people seem to do violent brickfilms just because it seems to attract attention on youtube and is (meant) to be cool. mini/rolleyes 
But I do like a bit of action!..As long as it's done and animated well. mini/yes

8. A crappy animation of a minifig doing a walkcycle and then getting hit by a car.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Larmz wrote:

This and

9. Comedies with constant yelling.

Films about two people talking about how stupid something is/how they don't get what's going on/what's wrong with a certain situation/why a phrase doesn't make sense.

Basically almost every comedy MindGame and Keshen have made.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

11. Monkey poop. I'm sorry but if you want to see monkey poop in any kind of film then you better go see a shrink.

12. Titles and credits that take up 75% of the entire video.

13. Someone taking half the video to show the thumbnail they want. Gosh, that sends chills down my spine.

14. Jokes that aren't funny

Progress on next film: lego Olympics 2012

Chris W. wrote:

12. Titles and credits that take up 75% of the entire video.

13. Someone taking half the video to show the thumbnail they want. Gosh, that sends chills down my spine.

Oh yeah that stuff is epic mini/bigsmile I'm talking about both. They both frickin kill me.