Re: Things you don't want to see in a brickfilm.

128. Nathan Wells imploring us not to waste time on dumb threads.

He is right, though.

Nathan Wells wrote:

So I think we can all agree this topic is dead and should be put to rest.

Maybe we can even focus on actually animating?

I think it would be better to focus on what you want in a brickfilm rather than what you don't want.
STAY POSITIVE! mini/smile

420. hoodlum drug culture

1337. Homophobia

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

1337. Homophobia

Are you kidding or are you serious?

Because I have never seen an anti-gay brickfilm.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

PushOverProductions wrote:
Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

1337. Homophobia

Are you kidding or are you serious?

Because I have never seen an anti-gay brickfilm.

I mean with a little searching you'll find some (TRIGGER WARNING: HOMOPHOBIC SLURS, BAD ANIMATION) but i mean just because something's not prevalent doesn't mean it's not something to be avoided
I've never seen a Shrek/Jimmy Neutron crossover fanfiction but I certainly don't want it to exist (I'm making a point, please don't try and send me fanfictions)

and i mean it's not like homophobia isn't entirely absent from just the community in general. Just look at what happened after the good luck charlie thread.

topitmunkeydog wrote:

I mean with a little searching you'll find some

what a cinematic masterpiece

I'm just gonna post my general sentiment here, if a brickfilm's good, I'll like it, if it's bad, I won't like it. There's the general overly direct offensive stuff I obviously don't want to see, but stuff like gratuitous violence, swearing or sex [this applies more to movies, not sure many people get off to that hot lego on lego action] I don't mind as long as it's coherent with the style of the film.

If you have a very grounded in reality film, then show a guy getting his arms and legs sliced off with a blood waterfall pouring out, that's just going to seem weird. Put stuff in your film because it fits the mood or style, don't shove it in there for the sake of it and at the same time don't take it out if it fits because you're afraid people will be offended.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

130. Clay blood!!! Man I hate that. It just looks weird!!!!!:o