Re: Things you don't want to see in a brickfilm.

People who pause the frame for talking, rather than animating it properly - freaking annoys the hell out of me

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

15. The Very bad Dull Sets

16. Badly ripping off Monty Python. Monty Python are hilarious, and sometimes references can work well, plus I've been guilty of this cliché myself, but just saying "Its only a model" is lazy cheap humour. Quoting Monty Python only makes me want to stop the video and watch the real thing. I'm not anti-reference, but they need to be more than just slapping a quote in and expecting it to be funny.

(Also, Monty Python and The Holy Grail - whilst being a work of genius - isnt the ONLY thing Python have ever done!! If your going to rip them off, choose something that hasn't already been quoted to death!!)

Larmz wrote:

7. I hate the over use of Incompetech's music. I understand it's a site giving you access to music free from copyright, however there are large varieties of songs on the site yet people seem to use the same repetitive song.

Incomputech is free, easy to download, respectable, and only about half of their songs are actually decent; which is why you hear their music a lot. Yeah, I dont like using it either, but its the safest and most convenient option if you dont want to break copyright - since most 'Royalty Free' websites are either crap, overpriced, or not actually 'Royalty Free'.

YouTube
Max, She/They

17. Two guys in a house.
17b. Two guys in a house on a couch.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

18. 3 FPS.

"Doc seriously, do that one more time without warning me first and I'll flip this examination table and roundhouse kick you in the face." - Adam young

Rusty wrote:

18. 3 FPS.

Do people still make brickfilms with a fps that bad mini/confused . You'd probably have to go into the deepest, darkest areas of the YouTube brickfilming scene to find something like that made recently.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

19. Minifigures with a lot of weapons with smiles on their faces.

Slurping Animations wrote:

19. Minifigures with a lot of weapons with smiles on their faces.

I'd smile if I had a lot of DAKKA

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/BattlefleetGothica/banner-4.png

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

The violence comes from all the media just promoting violence! Kids are being pumped up with it while listening to I-Pods,

Omnivores For mediocrity!

Mouth animation using ms paint.
Batman, Indiana Jones and a bunch of other random people get drunk.

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

Non-lego in a brickfilm. Mega-bloks, custom minifigures, custom weapons. I think they only should use one kind of bricks.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

I'm sorry but the masses like the violence and it's not going anywhere so get over it. There are two types of filmmakers in the World. Ones who aim to please the audience and ones who try to create true art. True art movies are usually not as popular among people but to be honest they have so much more soul. Too bad most of the people are "pleasers", I'm not an exception.

Briks wrote:

Non-lego in a brickfilm. Mega-bloks, custom minifigures, custom weapons. I think they only should use one kind of bricks.

Dat doesn't take away any thing for me. -Me

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

Hazzat wrote:

17. Two guys in a house.
17b. Two guys in a house on a couch.

I've officially failed brickfilming.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

15. Innapropriate content. All brickfilms have to be suitable for ALL ages! mini/sunnies

Progress on next film: lego Olympics 2012

sorry, that was meant to be 18:D

Progress on next film: lego Olympics 2012

EliteStormForce wrote:

15. Innapropriate content. All brickfilms have to be suitable for ALL ages! mini/sunnies

Personally, I don't agree.
If you're filming for a mass audience, then yes, it should be child friendly.  However, if you're going for the artistic approach the aim should be to create something interesting and original, regardless or not whether it has bad language, excessive violence or adult themes

Well that's my opinion anyway mini/tongue

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

Saminatorger wrote:
EliteStormForce wrote:

Personally, I don't agree.
If you're filming for a mass audience, then yes, it should be child friendly.  However, if you're going for the artistic approach the aim should be to create something interesting and original, regardless or not whether it has bad language, excessive violence or adult themes

Well that's my opinion anyway mini/tongue

Saminatorger is right. If there's a gangster/mafia/criminal lego brickfilm to make it more believable you gotta include some f words. Besides if every brickfilm was appropriate for all audiences they'd become too typical and dull.

@EliteStormForce you clearly haven't seen "For Trubador" then because it's one of the most amazing silent brickfilms ever made and at one point for a long time it was flagged (can you believe it? mini/bigsmile) on youtube.

Last edited by Leo's World (April 5, 2012 (02:12pm))

I agree with both Saminatorger and Larry. Curse words (and other "inappropriate" things) are legitimate literary tools. But of course as with other literary tools, they shouldn't be used all the time. Especially if your making a film/brickfilm targeted towards kids.

Last edited by Duke Boy (April 5, 2012 (02:18pm))

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

We have to remember were dealing with legos a toy for kids. Though I am happy there are more ADFOL then there used to be I still think we often forget our audience.

While I agree with EliteStormForce, this isn't the place to discuss the use of non-family-friendly content. mini/wink
If you disagree with something, just comment once, (Or not at all) as you list something else that should go in here,  and continue on with your day. There are other threads for talking about such things, so please use those and leave this one for it's intended purpose.