Topic: The Evil Within Concept Video

Directory Link

The Evil Within Concept Video

Youtube

A short animation about a dancer who meets her evil in a mirror. This is now a concept video for a project between Briks and I.

Last edited by Chiro (April 12, 2012 (11:59am))

Re: The Evil Within Concept Video

Anyone?

I saw it. It is good, but I never really got it.

Slurping Animations wrote:

I saw it. It is good, but I never really got it.

Never really got it? The story is that a ballet dancer is practicing, and the lights go out and her reflections hair and eyes go dark, symbolizing the darkness taking over and her reflection attacks her and kills her. She is then taken over by the darkness. I might make a longer film out of it.

I see what you were trying to accomplish here, but honestly, you probably needed to make it a little longer to do so. The idea of evil "being in a mirror" is very clever. Whether weight, skin color, braces, or hair texture, people can often be insecure and it is usually culminated by looking into a mirror. The idea of a dancer looking into a mirror and seeing evil, could represent the dancer getting negative feedback, bad remarks from teachers, and other poor influences. I just think that you should have gone through more character development on the dancer. Why does she see all these negative influences? Why does she let this "evil" get the best of her?

I did like the music choice for this film; I think that it reflected the concept very well. The animation was alright, but that should improve with practice. The lighting was also nice for what you were trying to accomplish.

All in all, I think that you have a good premise, and maybe even a good climax for a longer film. I just think that you need to expound upon the idea.

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

Good concept, and you are improving.
But it was going a little too fast, I think you should use more time to make a story out of it.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Juggernaut Pictures wrote:

I see what you were trying to accomplish here, but honestly, you probably needed to make it a little longer to do so. The idea of evil "being in a mirror" is very clever. Whether weight, skin color, braces, or hair texture, people can often be insecure and it is usually culminated by looking into a mirror. The idea of a dancer looking into a mirror and seeing evil, could represent the dancer getting negative feedback, bad remarks from teachers, and other poor influences. I just think that you should have gone through more character development on the dancer. Why does she see all these negative influences? Why does she let this "evil" get the best of her?

I did like the music choice for this film; I think that it reflected the concept very well. The animation was alright, but that should improve with practice. The lighting was also nice for what you were trying to accomplish.

All in all, I think that you have a good premise, and maybe even a good climax for a longer film. I just think that you need to expound upon the idea.

That`s a very good interpretation! I was thinking more of the evil inside her, that even though she`s pretty shes not on the inside and it came out through the mirror. I think I will expand on the concept and create a longer film! Like the evil inside her will be haunting her and lurking around and driving her to insanity and finally taking over her, and she will start to attack dancers who come to the studio.

Last edited by Chiro (April 12, 2012 (11:02am))

If you want to, it can be a co-production between us.
I have some ideas for a script, and maybe I can do voice lines for other roles. mini/smile

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Briks wrote:

If you want to, it can be a co-production between us.
I have some ideas for a script, and maybe I can do voice lines for other roles. mini/smile

That would be awesome! lets talk in chat about it!

Ok, I'm online

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

I put up a Pre-production thread

From what you described it as, it sounds a lot like the film Black Swan.

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

SpaceGorilla wrote:

Seriously? Again? I've never seen it!!! Get over it people!! There are other movies about ballet dancers with evilness than Black Swan!!!
EDIT: Sorry to lash out at you but every one keeps saying that and its getting old. It's annoying me. I've never seen it and I don't even know what its about. People keep explaining but its not my plot.

Last edited by Chiro (April 16, 2012 (09:55pm))

Maybe we should change it a bit, so people don't think the film is plagiarism.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Chiro wrote:
SpaceGorilla wrote:

Seriously? Again? I've never seen it!!! Get over it people!! There are other movies about ballet dancers with evilness than Black Swan!!!
EDIT: Sorry to lash out at you but every one keeps saying that and its getting old. It's annoying me. I've never seen it and I don't even know what its about. People keep explaining but its not my plot.

Sorry, but the first thing I thought of when I read the description was "Black Swan". mini/smile I am sure your film though will be different then that story, but from the small preview, that is what most people think of.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

RedBrick1 wrote:
Chiro wrote:
SpaceGorilla wrote:

Sorry, but the first thing I thought of when I read the description was "Black Swan". mini/smile I am sure your film though will be different then that story, but from the small preview, that is what most people think of.

This actually wasn't a preview. I made this before I thought of the idea but I decided to make this the concept video.