Re: BiM 2012: Kitchen Sink [CLOSED]

Oh. So then I guess I don't really understand the theme... Is the theme sort of "everything?"

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

Oh. So then I guess I don't really understand the theme... Is the theme sort of "everything?"

Entrants will be required to make one INTERACTIVE VIDEO.

Im most likely entering. Good theme!

Overheard during a exam- Move your arm, I can't see!

Can't say I love the Ninjago prizes, but I think animating this and putting all of this together will be great! Thanks legogod!:)

Awesome. This sounds like a lot of fun, already getting a bunch of ideas. I'll see if I can enter this one.

I might give it a swish-swish-stab. It'll be a great way to introduce all of my lost film ideas into one piece.

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

This contest is lovely. So many ideas we all have, and this time all can be used.
Wonderful, I will do my best to enter. mini/yes

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

TheCorruptedDonut wrote:

Also, with the interactive element, can you have multiple endings? Or must there only be one, and after failure, you must return to the previous video/part?

Of course you may have multiple endings. If you were to make nine short videos, one of them could be your beginning and eight of them could be your end! It really is up to you. There are quite a few variations so have fun deciding.

legomoviemaker1 wrote:

By the way does totaling 2 minutes mean the minimum of 9 videos' durations put together or each video has to be 2 minutes?

Oh man. If everyone had to make an 18 minute video for this contest I don't think anyone would enter. When you add up all the times of your nine segments they should total 2 minutes or longer.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

(Nice and useful, albeit somewhat dated prizes by the way. What did you do, raid the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart? mini/lol  )

There is also another prize people are neglecting to realize: The warm feelings and pride from beating your fellow animators. The "real" prizes are just proof you did it. Toysnbricks.com was a wonderful help securing prizes for this contest. Without their community there would be no Lego to win.

SpaceGorilla wrote:

Are we allowed to do collaborations?

As Smeagol answered, yes- you can do collaborations. The age rule comes into play and you'll have to enter only one competition should you be animating with a younger or older person.

BrickfilmsFromHell wrote:

Sorry but I will be 13 in September so will I be in the 13+ section in this competition due to the fact that I will be 13 at time of entry but will have made it when I'm 12.

This came up right away. With such a large community there's bound to be some on the cusp of turning 13. Should you turn 13 before the due date you will be in the 13+ contest.

If there are any other questions (or if I missed one), please feel free to post here or send me a PM.

Jared

I may just have to give this a try! mini/smile

Very interesting theme, I'm kind of torn if I like it. I'll enter nonetheless, though.

Inspiration fell out of the sky and bonked me on the cranium yesterday. I am now molding it into a recognizable storyline.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

ghostofmrsdaystudios wrote:
topitmunkeydog wrote:

Meh. I shall not be entering this. I really really dislike interactive brickfilms.

You say that for every contest...

This is gonna be awesome!

I do not. I just somehow miss the awesome contests. If I was around for that avant-garde contest I would be totally exhilarated.

I expected something like last year's contest, TOY.
I had been looking forward to this contest since then, and was really disappointed...

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Does it have to have a storyline? I know it can't be just a bunch of pointless skits, but can it just be sort of a cool action film?

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

It seems that Living Lego and I have started coming up with some fantastic ideas for this contest. It seems that for once I'll be doing a horror film for once. The theme has really started to grow on me, I think we'll see some really interesting entries with this.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

SpaceGorilla wrote:

Does it have to have a storyline? I know it can't be just a bunch of pointless skits, but can it just be sort of a cool action film?

I think I may have been unclear and will update the first post accordingly with what I write here. The theme is making your own interactive video. The rest really is up to you. If you'd like to make an action, horror, romance, comedy or mash-up of any genre please feel free to do so. The video will score higher if it has a coherent storyline with interesting offshoot choices. A cool action film can only benefit from a well designed plot as many lend themselves to the "Less plot, more explosions" formula as evidenced by many of the films in the community (and even the professional world). So dust off your story-making skills and make an interactive video to remember.

I'm 13 and I make the stories and my brother is 10 and he animates so if we work together what category would we be in?

Progress on next film: lego Olympics 2012

legogod wrote:
SpaceGorilla wrote:

I think I may have been unclear and will update the first post accordingly with what I write here. The theme is making your own interactive video. The rest really is up to you. If you'd like to make an action, horror, romance, comedy or mash-up of any genre please feel free to do so. The video will score higher if it has a coherent storyline with interesting offshoot choices. A cool action film can only benefit from a well designed plot as many lend themselves to the "Less plot, more explosions" formula as evidenced by many of the films in the community (and even the professional world). So dust off your story-making skills and make an interactive video to remember.

Okay, that clears it up. Thank you very much. My "interactivity concept" will likely resemble the interactive cutscenes in games like Resident Evil 4. The interactivity doesn't always NEED to be about making choices, does it? Can it be a matter of timing?

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

Doh. I'm just below 13. mini/sad
Oh well, I'm excited!

EDIT: I don't really like the idea of the character having to fix something. Can I be an exception to the 13+ group?

Would we be allowed to upload ours to YouTube BEFORE October 1st and send it in on October 1st?