Re: OYO Video Challenge: Brickfilm our new line of minifigures!

Got mine in the mail today! Cool figure! Can't wait to make a film with it.

Will I receive a confirmation e-mail, or will you just randomly send it?

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Should get an e-mail, I did.

How long did it take?

"Of The Pond Films"

17 hours and 37 minutes from the time I sent in my application. mini/wink

Pritchard Studios wrote:

17 hours and 37 minutes from the time I sent in my application. mini/wink

Ah, ok. I'll wait longer, I only sent mine in yesterday. mini/XD

EDIT: Yaheya! Got a reply today, hope to animate once I get mine. mini/smile

Last edited by 1011Ev (May 22, 2012 (08:12am))

"Of The Pond Films"

Another round of OYOs shipped out today!

I keep getting questions about the nature of what we are looking for and how it will be judged so I want to do my best to answer what I can. To give you all some idea this is the first of what I hope will be a series of OYO Video Challenges. As the first Challenge we wanted to keep everything open ended and see the spectrum of submissions we get. I expect we will have submissions that range in both the quality of animation/production value and the types of ideas and plots in the film.

By keeping things open ended I'm hoping we can give everyone a fair shot. The theme is to highlight the features of the OYOs, and it's up to you all how to do that! A novel or creative idea can make a film great, even if it's not the smoothest stop animation in the world or the best special effects. Similarly, a simple idea that's executed very well can also be a great film. Little details can bring depth to even the simplest videos. So there is a wide range. If you have an idea, go for it! The winning video may be the best overall combination of creativity and quality, or it may be a video that soars greatly over its peers in a certain area.  And of course adhering to the rules and criteria of the Challenge is also crucial.

It's hard for us to say exactly what we are looking for with our first Video Challenge, but I hope to let everyone know after judging why we made the decisions we did, and give everyone the best constructive feedback possible on their videos.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback!

Last edited by oyo (May 22, 2012 (08:31am))

Hi everyone! We have some exciting updates for today. Our Video Challenge YouTube video is up now, so this is where you should post your submissions as video responses. Remember, multiple entries are accepted so don't be afraid to get early submissions in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHXy5svrgeI

Additionally, we now have something for international brickfilmers! While we can't send you our MLB line of figures, we have this "Team OYO" special giveaway to offer. It comes with all the same features as our MLB line, minus the team and player affiliations and packaging.

http://oyosportstoys.com/images/team_oyo.png

I'll be sending these out to anyone who applied from another country, and if anyone else is interested in them for a video then please send your contact info to [email protected]

Thanks everyone and good luck!

Hey hey hey! Just received mine in the mail today. Looks interesting, so far, so good. mini/wink

"Of The Pond Films"

I applied on Tuesday and I haven't gotten a reply. How long did it take everyone else?

Chiro wrote:

I applied on Tuesday and I haven't gotten a reply. How long did it take everyone else?

24 hours or so....

"Of The Pond Films"

1011Ev wrote:
Chiro wrote:

24 hours or so....

WHAT?!?!!?? I've basically waited a week!

Chiro wrote:

WHAT?!?!!?? I've basically waited a week!

It's only been 2-3 days, patience young padawan. *Yoda voice* Eager are you, but time is not yet ready for you.
Give 'em some time. I'm pretty sure this is a self-employed business, he/she probably has other stuff in life also. mini/tongue
Plus, it might be due to being in Canada it'd take a long time to ship...

"Of The Pond Films"

Hi everyone!

Chiro, the reason you had to wait so long is because you are in Canada and we had to develop a generic minifigure (as pictured a couple replies above) because we cannot send our MLB minifigures outside of the US. And as a reminder unfortunately we can only offer honorary titles (not rewards) to anyone outside the United States who places in our Challenge.

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Your figure will ship out today though!

We've still got a good supply of giveaway figures left and the giveaway deadline of June 8th is closing in fast. If you know anyone else who would be interested in making a video please spread the word!

Thank you all for your support so far!

EDIT: Also I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all again for your participation and support so far. I'm really happy to have seen such a warm response to our product! I know many building block fans are quick to berate anything that's not stamped with a certain logo, but we really hope our products can leave a lasting impression on everyone.

Last edited by oyo (May 29, 2012 (08:34am))

Second update for today. I have a new twist for everyone- I just got permission to do some more giveaways. We wanted to give everyone some incentive to get some early uploads up, so the first (5) entrants who upload a submission to our YouTube challenge video will each receive a second OYO minifigure of their choice (US only once again)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHXy5svrgeI

This can be a quick video- a work in progress, blooper, teaser, or something completely different if you don't want to give away your ideas for your main submission (or you may be able to get your main submission in early enough to qualify). So long as it abides by the rest of the rules and guidelines. These 5 videos may be used for some promotional purpose too, so we may want the actual file if that's alright with you.

Getting your video in early will not affect its judging, and multiple entries are of course accepted

EDIT: Please make sure the video you upload as a first submission is at least 10 seconds long to qualify for this bonus! Thanks!

Last edited by oyo (May 29, 2012 (02:51pm))

So if our video is 1 minute long, and we upload a 5-second teaser, we would get our minifigure?

Let's set the cutoff time for this first submission bonus at 10 seconds minimum length. I think 5 s might be a little short.

I think I did the video response thing right, but could someone else check it for me?
Thanks!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

I think I did the video response thing right, but could someone else check it for me?
Thanks!

I don't see it. Maybe, it has to be approved.

EDIT: Has all fifty spots been taken yet? Because I would love to enter!

Last edited by Fun Sucker (May 29, 2012 (03:53pm))

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Two notes for everyone: The video responses require approval so there is no alarm if it doesn't show up right away. If your video is not approved (for some reason it does not meet the guidelines) I will let you know through PM or e-mail. This also gives me a surefire way to know when the video was sent in for approval.

Second, we still definitely have more figures to give away so feel free to keep entering!