Topic: Insta-Pube (Quick Short Ad Contest)

This was my entry for the Quick Short Ad Conrest, not alot of fancy animation. Just going for the humor of it. Check it out, let me know what you think. Thanks!!

YouTube

Before your mind wanders, its about facial hair!!

Last edited by 1Shifty89 (March 23, 2009 (05:21pm))

Just one more frame!

Re: Insta-Pube (Quick Short Ad Contest)

I was totally expecting this to be about something else entirely.

0ldScratch wrote:

I was totally expecting this to be about something else entirely.

Definitely not about facial hair that's for damn sure...

With your shifty name and strange film title, I'd have to agree mini/tongue

What OldScratch said.

Moo-C-J wrote:

What OldScratch said.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

You guys should stop just saying things like "what he said" and quoting someone saying "what he said". This person posted this to get some actual reviews, not some YouTube style comment system.

Anyways, it was pretty awesome. The voice acting was great (especially the "you're so handsome and rugged" girl). The overall audio was quite muffled and soft, though, so you might want to work on that. I loved the Mr. Extreme shot. It could also have used a bit of music, maybe. The picture quality was pretty good as well.

Overall, it was a good film and worth the watch. mini/bigsmile

Oh, and for the record:
What Keshen said.

Haha, I knew beforehand that the "Pube" was something to do with puberty, but the beard aspect took me by surprise. "Oh! He's so rugged and handsome!" mini/lol

Haha, nice job. The animation was good, voice acting was impressive, and the jokes gave me a laugh. I also was expecting something completely different upon seeing the title though mini/tongue
Overall, great work!

Thanks on the feedback, I know the title was alittle out there, just trying to joke on some of the crazy stuff one sees in commercials theses days. mini/smile

Just one more frame!

It was good. I- Judging by the title -Thought this would be related to puberty, but once I saw it. I found it quite funny. The animation was above average I think but the audio wasn't great, the voice acting was also good. A nice little film.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Hahaha.

I totally wasn't expecting it to be facial hair.

-LBJ

AHH THE JET SET '60'S, THANKS NANCY!
Youtube | JM-Music | Facebook
"But 3D is cool as nipples, man. " - Jimmybob

Splash Studios wrote:

It was good. I- Judging by the title -Thought this would be related to puberty, but once I saw it. I found it quite funny.

Well, it was related to puberty, right?

Night Owl wrote:
Splash Studios wrote:

It was good. I- Judging by the title -Thought this would be related to puberty, but once I saw it. I found it quite funny.

Well, it was related to puberty, right?

Mmmm, I guess facial hair is related to puberty in a way, not exactly though.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Facial hair has a big part to do with puberty... Believe me, I know.

-LBJ

AHH THE JET SET '60'S, THANKS NANCY!
Youtube | JM-Music | Facebook
"But 3D is cool as nipples, man. " - Jimmybob

Oh, man, he does.

Hehe.

Insta-Pube

YouTube

This short was an entry to the AD Contest on BiM. Made this as a parody to all the crazy products one sees on tv these days. This was also the third short I've ever made so I'm still new to brickfilming, I was happy with the end result.

also looking for advice on improvements for future films, thanks

Last edited by 1Shifty89 (May 5, 2009 (10:42am))

Just one more frame!

I like it. There was some slight light-flicker (but none too noticeable) as well as sound being a bit dodgy. Then again, not everyone can afford the best microphones.

This made me laugh.

Sorry, guys, but you're not supposed to create a new thread for your film if one already exists.  That's why there's a tool in the control panel to link the new film entry to a preexisting thread.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png