Topic: Mike and Ike in: Teh Internetz

Travis teaches his friends about the amazing realm of teh internetz, and guess who becomes obsessed? You guessed it! Roommates Mike and Ike are back, and their bringing their computer with them! What will they explore this time? Lolcats? Failblog? A Former President? eBay?

DISCLAIMER(S):
1) The internet is awesome
2) fib12345 is actually allowed on .net website (he has one, actually)
3) Galactic Fleets is the most awesome game
4) MIKE IS NOT A MOOCHER (Ok maybe he is)
5) Travis listens to boy bands olol

http://blogs.microsoft.nl/blogs/windowsmobile/youtube-logo.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Re: Mike and Ike in: Teh Internetz

You need to find a smaller space to record in; that echo is pretty distracting.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Ya, the recording really hurt the presentation.  It sounded like you recorded your lines in a cave, or a dungeon, which may or may not be true...  mini/tongue

Wait, whereabouts in your post is the YouTube link? I can't see it anywhere mini/blankexpression

Keshen wrote:

Wait, whereabouts in your post is the YouTube link? I can't see it anywhere mini/blankexpression

You press the pic of the YouTube logo.

I hope you're joking.

Click the image Keshen.

You need to work on your animation as it all seemed too rushed. I didn't really enjoy it as the jokes weren't very funny because you tried too hard make it funny.

_2014

Indeed. All good jokes are either subtle, or deliberately bad.

Good:
-No light flicker
-Very few camera bumps

Bad:
-Voices were horrid. Either get somone else to do them, or record in a room where you wont get an echo. I'm sorry, but you cant make jokes if you can barely understand your voice.
-Stop trying to sound like Derrick, its annoying. Be original with your voices. If acting fails then you might need someone else
-Animation. I strongly suggest you stop using Windows Movie Maker for your animation. There are many free animation programes, or you can pay a little bit and get a decent one.
-Whilst there was no light flicker, the lighting is too soft and dark for a living room. DONT use natural sunlight if you are. Find yourself a decent desklamp and shoot in the dark
-If you're using a digital Camera, stop. I suggest you find a decent webcam instead, and record using an Animation programme

Fib, I'm afraid you are trying to make movies at a level you are just simply not at. I had this problem when I first started. Know your exact limits (what you can and cannot do) and work around them. I suggest you re-think your animation technique, and audio setup completely. I'm not saying your crap - but I'm saying you CAN improve.

1/10

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

I couldn't barely understand what those minifigs said, other than that how much frames per second is that, sometimes it seemed slower and sometimes faster?
Anyway overall that would be a 2 star rating...

It was OK. I think you spent too much time recording yourself on eBay. I couldn't really hear the voices, too much echo, and the guy in the cap (I presume that's Ike) was really hard to here, and his voice was the same as that other guy who told them about the internet. The jokes didn't work great because of that. The animation started off below average, but eventually got a bit better.

Overall I'd say it's average, there wasn't anything special IMO.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Max Butcher wrote:

Indeed. All good jokes are either subtle, or deliberately bad.

Good:
-No light flicker
-Very few camera bumps

Bad:
-Voices were horrid. Either get somone else to do them, or record in a room where you wont get an echo. I'm sorry, but you cant make jokes if you can barely understand your voice.
-Stop trying to sound like Derrick, its annoying. Be original with your voices. If acting fails then you might need someone else
-Animation. I strongly suggest you stop using Windows Movie Maker for your animation. There are many free animation programes, or you can pay a little bit and get a decent one.
-Whilst there was no light flicker, the lighting is too soft and dark for a living room. DONT use natural sunlight if you are. Find yourself a decent desklamp and shoot in the dark
-If you're using a digital Camera, stop. I suggest you find a decent webcam instead, and record using an Animation programme

Fib, I'm afraid you are trying to make movies at a level you are just simply not at. I had this problem when I first started. Know your exact limits (what you can and cannot do) and work around them. I suggest you re-think your animation technique, and audio setup completely. I'm not saying your crap - but I'm saying you CAN improve.

- I admit that the voices weren't good
- I'm not trying to sound like Derrick, I barely watch that series
- I don't use frikkin WMM, I use SMA. Don't assume that because the film isn't top notch
- I'm not using natural sunlight
- I'm using a frikkin 9000

Maybe, you can say something nice for once instead of finding an amatur to insult for pleasure. And if you're critique was aimed to be right on the mark, you hit a window 5 miles away.

"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

What, we can't help that It isn't great. And if we're saying something about it, it's bad.
If don't like critics, don't post your film here. You react like a 5 year old.
Oh and I don't know HOW you do it with the 9000, but the image quality is bad.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

You guys are way too harsh.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Max's way of commenting is strangely condescending, though.

Are alternatively, if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing. This is constructive criticism, not attack the amateur.

Fib, we're not attacking you, we're trying to help you.

Now don't worry, there's always been a time where we can't exactly take criticism. I remember when I hated being criticized and scowled at people for criticizing. But if you're not ready for criticism, you shouldn't be posting your films here. We're giving you our honest opinion. If we make up that it's great when it's not exactly great, you're not going to get anywhere.

Take a chill pill, dude. We all love you! mini/wink

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Seriously. Mailday got a ton of people saying: You should have explained it better. I don't get it. Now I know that I need to work on my storyline.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

Look Fib, I didnt mean to sound agressive or insult you. I'm just trying to help you improve.

- I don't use frikkin WMM, I use SMA. Don't assume that because the film isn't top notch

I suggest you then try to improve your animation technique. Its good that your using SMA, but the framerate does I'm afraid look like it was done in WMM. I'm not exactly the best animator in the world (in-fact, I'm probally one of the worst) but I'm sure you can do alot better animation wise.

- I'm not using natural sunlight
- I'm using a frikkin 9000

Again, it looks like you have. If your using a 9K, then I suggest you try looking at ways to improve the quality - since the Quickcam can get a really sweet picture if you work on it. I think lighting may have something to do with it, so maybe you might want to invest in a stronger light. Again, you dont have to take my advice.

Maybe, you can say something nice for once instead of finding an amatur to insult for pleasure.

.....what? 
You think that I insult you for FUN? I'm insulted. How dare you! How DARE you think I would sink that low! Do you think I go out and bash old ladies with a cane for fun? Do you think that I kick my cat when I'm bored, or strangle my sister just to see how long it takes her to turn blue? How dare you!

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max Butcher wrote:

Do you think I go out and bash old ladies with a cane for fun?

...Acutally, that might explain why Andy was beat up in The Bad Day. A case of mistaken identity, I s'pose.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Fib, if you can't take advice you will never ever become a better animator. Everything that Max said is true, listen to him. I wasn't that great when I started, and it's because of the criticism I received from the older, more experienced members that got me to try new techniques. Fib, you can't just turn your back and say that your film rocks and that whoever disagrees is insulting you for pleasure. C'mon, Fib, they are just trying to help you! But I guess if you don't want to become a better animator, that's up to you...

Last edited by Spudster (April 7, 2009 (11:56am))

Spudster wrote:

Everything that Max said is true, listen to him.

He is right but it's the way he delivered the criticism. The "1/10" and the WMM and Natural Light assumptions were harsh, he should have asked what he animated it in then said he should change if it was WMM.

_2014